Complaint Review: Comcast

• Submitted: Wed, June 18, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, June 18, 2014

• Reported By: Erick — Valparaiso Indiana
Nationwide USA

Comcast Deceptive sales practices, refusal to honor their installation guarantee and discounted price Valparaiso Indiana

Good Afternoon,

I am hoping, that with this complaint, that Comcast will be encouraged to honor their promises as stated when I initially ordered Internet service.

They quoted me $59.00 for installation.  I stated that seemed excessive.  After going back and forth, they agreed to take $20.00 off the installation price.  I asked for an email confirming this, and was told they did not have the capability to email me.  The representative stated she would have her supervisor put the credit on my bill.  I've come to find out that the credit was never applied,

I called in June 6 at approximately 8am Central Time to see about an earlier installation appointment.  I was told there was an opening from 8am-noon that day.  Further, the representative (based overseas) stated I would receive a phone call from the local dispatch office to set an appointment.  Again, I was told there was an opening between 8am-noon.  No phone call came, and no one showed up.

I have made several calls to Comcast, and am repeatedly told that they have no record of making these promises to me.  This is very disturbing.

Ripoffreport: you are my last line of defense.  I have made a complaint to the Better Business Bureau without success.  Please help me, as well as other customers so they can be aware of how Comcast does business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2014 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/nationwide/Comcast-Deceptive-sales-practices-refusal-to-honor-their-installation-guarantee-and-disc-1155804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast