Complaint Review: Comcast

• Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Media

Comcast Inflating Internet Cost Nationwide

As many of you may already know, COmcast has recently changed their billing prices in reference to internet usage. What is disturbing now is the offer "300GB" a month, then charge $10 for each 50GB used in that month. Okay, understandable. However, now you are being double charged for On Demand movies, you pay for the movie itself, and now you are also paying for the streaming of that same movie. Many of us have limited options in choosing service providers. So now, a $50 a month bill can easily turn into a $500 bill just for internet services. My children are homeschooled, therefore  we use large amounts of data. Not only data for school, but for using Comcast On Demand services as well. Comcast is monopolizing the internet, and charging ridiculous fees as well. Each cutomer service rep we spoke with could not explain to us how our usage is calculated. Therefore, how can you accuratley charge a fee on consumption without showing exactly where it is coming from? I also noticed with my billing, I never went down to "0, " charges kept accruing. Please tell me how many gigabytes 1 program takes to stream, or how many megabytes it takes to browse my Facebook page, and occassionally look at the plehtera of videos on youtube? As a consumer I know we are being cheated by the super giant Comcast. Comcast has been robbing people blind. If you have this internet provider, buyer beware! You will not get the service you are paying to receive, you will be charged additional fees just for them to trouble shoot problems they incurred, and your service in general will be substandard.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2014 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/nationwide/Comcast-Inflating-Internet-Cost-Nationwide-1156277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast