Complaint Review: Comenity Bank

• Reported By: judith141 — Raleigh North Carolina United States of America
Comenity Bank
PO Box 182273 Columbus, Ohio United States of America

Comenity Bank JCREW Credit Card Late Fees Froze my account Columbus, Ohio

My JCREW credit card has been suspended because Comenity Bank said the payment was returned.   I was never notified of this situation and subsequently, I've been charged late fees.  Comenity also said they reported me to the credit bureau.    I called customer service, and they say they have record of an email indicating the payment didn't go thru my payment account.   The kicker is, not only was i charged a late fee, but now I can't make any online payments for 3 months. I  must now either make a payment at the store, or MAIL the payment to them.   I feel like i'm being set up so that Comenity can continually charge late fees for late payments.  I will NEVER deal with Comenity Bank again.  I am paying off all my accounts with them because I think their practices are unfair.  I see no reason why I can't make online payments anymore - they're just making it harder to get the payment to them on time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2012 08:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comenity-Bank/Columbus-Ohio-43218/Comenity-Bank-JCREW-Credit-Card-Late-Fees-Froze-my-account-Columbus-Ohio-985714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comenity Bank