Complaint Review: Comerica Bank

• Reported By: Sandy — Dallas Texas
Comerica Bank
Internet USA

Comerica Bank Generated overdraft fees when no activity Dallas Texas

I had 76 cents in the account.  I was intending to close the account, but my mother had a stroke and I've been taking care of her, taking her to doctors.  Not an excuse, I know, but I don't understand why they would wait a couple of months to suddenly charge me a maintenance fee which was what overdrew my account.  Then, they charge a $6/day fee for being overdrawn.  So, the account goes from 76 cents to minus $75 when I never wrote a check, used a debit card or had an automatic withdrawal.  Then, they sell it to a collection agency so that they can make money off of it.  Now, if I had actually overdrawn my account, I would take care of it, but this is extortion.  The collection agency tells me that this has been reported to telechek.  This does not affect me as I have checking accounts, savings accounts and a brokerage account in other financial institutions and I don't write checks.  Stay away from Comerica Bank.  Stay far away.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2013 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comerica-Bank/internet/Comerica-Bank-Generated-overdraft-fees-when-no-activity-Dallas-Texas-1058717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comerica Bank