Complaint Review: Comfort Carriers

• Updated: Sat, October 27, 2012

• Reported By: Ticked_Off — Murphy North Carolina United States of America
Comfort Carriers
Pensacola, Florida United States of America

Comfort Carriers 850-380-0673 Can't be trusted to haul your freight or pets changes price after booking Pensacola, Florida

*Consumer Comment: The Real Comfort-Carriers

*Author of original report: I made a typo.

I had listed an item to ship on Uship. Loversbrea aka Donna contacted me to say they wanted to book the shipment at the price listed. I agreed and she stated she agreed to the price. After I had arranged pickup and coordinated with her, the price went from $275 to $400. See below for photo evidence.

It was purely a case of price gouging, after I had already arranged pickup and they assumed I'd have to go with them, because it is now only a few days before pickup. They haul pets and any freight they can pickup on Uship, going by loversbrea .

Do you want to be gouged when you agree to a price from these people ? Worse yet: Do you want your pet picked up by these people and held hostage until you pay more than you agreed ? I have the screenshots of where they agreed to the price, the text messages, and then where the price jumped.

Note on Picture 1: Book It Now Price is $275
Note on Picture 2: They agreed to the book it now on October 3. [continued below]....
.....
Note on Picture 3: Having booked them, accepted the price and arranged shipping, they changed the price on October 5th. I have all of this documented.

Part of their reasoning, stated in another text was that UShip.com had closed my listing, why did Uship close my listing ? Because I gave Bobby and Nancy at Comfort Carriers (loversbrea on Uship) my phone number, which Uship doesn't like.

This is what you call fraud and breach of contract. It gets CDL's pulled and the Florida Attorney General's Office looks poorly on it, as does anyone who licenses a business.

Think before you accept a booking with these people, because once they have your freight, they have it hostage. And if they did this me, what will they do to you ?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2012 07:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comfort-Carriers/Pensacola-Florida-/Comfort-Carriers-850-380-0673-Cant-be-trusted-to-haul-your-freight-or-pets-changes-pric-951456. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comfort Carriers

The Real Comfort-Carriers

AUTHOR: LFrench - (United States of America)

This couple has just recently joined UShip and are using the good name of a true professional pet transport company, Comfort-Carriers, to conduct their business.  They apparently did not do their research (or maybe they did and found the impeccable reputation of Comfort-Carriers to be a good way to draw in customers) before they chose their UShip name, but please be sure you do not confuse Comfort-Carriers with this couple!

Always do your research - especially when handing over such precious cargo as your pets to any "professional"!  The Real Comfort-Carriers sets a price and honors it, in addition to giving your pets second-to-none care during travel!

I made a typo.

AUTHOR: Ticked_Off - (United States of America)

I am the original poster. I stated the woman I dealt with's name was Donna, this was a typographical error. The people I dealt with were Nancy Rea and Bobby Rea . My apologies for any confusion.

If you're wondering what was after her but, when she raised the price: Mrs. Rea attempts to justify increasing the charge for hauling what they agreed to haul for $275, by saying they had accepted more freight. Here is a news flash for Mrs. Rea: If you have a full load, it is cheaper to haul multiple pieces than it is one, because you're being paid for  multiple items and not just a single item. It's called an Economy of Scale. It is pretty simple.

I think what is simpler and also more telling is that they were willing to break their word, which they had given in writing. If someone will lie to you and try to get an extra $125, can you trust them period ? I do not think so.