Complaint Review: Comfort Home and Hearth

Comfort Home and Hearth
1746 Wilmington Pike Glenn Mills, Pennsylvania USA

Comfort Home and Hearth Ripped me off! Glenn Mills Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Received Refund

Chuck is a theif and the owner.  I purchased a wood fireplace insert and install from Chuck the owner of Comfort Home and Hearth. I put a deposit down on a credit card and he came to my home to take measurements for new insert and scheduled install. They cancelled on install 3 times saying the "insert didn't come in" or the "installers are running behind". When they finally did the install I noticed they didn't have the ignitor! I was told by Chuck that they forgot it and they would have to schedule an appointment to install it. Well they cancelled the ignitor install twice with same excuse "installers are running behind" and "the part didn't come in" but I was told by Chuck a month earlier that it was in but the installers forgot it!

The date of the 3rd reschedule I called to confirm that the part was in and they were coming to install but I was told by their  salesperson Pete that Chuck & his installer had a meeting with Trane the manufacture and they came to the conclusion that this ignitor will not work for my set-up. Pete also stated that my credit card was already charged the balance and Chuck would have to issue refund of $350 for the ignitor. I never gave them my permission to charge the balance because the job was never completed!!! I asked to speak to Chuck but I was told he wasn't in but he would return my call.

Well I never got a return call from Chuck & I never received refund, in fact I called 3 times and left messages for Chuck & even left messages for Pete  and I never received a call back from either of them! Finally after calling everyday Pete answered and I was told "Chuck was just throwing ignitor in on the deal and he wasn't going to issue me a refund".

Needless to say this charge is in dispute with credit card company my only hope is the insert works in winter as it was installed in summer because of cancellations! I hope that by writing this review I can help another consumer shop elsewhere for a fireplace co & installer! Take my advice, stay away from this company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2013 08:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comfort-Home-and-Hearth/Glenn-Mills-Pennsylvania/Comfort-Home-and-Hearth-Ripped-me-off-Glenn-Mills-Pennsylvania-1064763. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comfort Home and Hearth

Received Refund

AUTHOR: Mike - ()

I finally received refund for work not completed, case closed.