Complaint Review: Comfort Inn Of North Dartmouth (MA403)

• Submitted: Mon, October 15, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, October 22, 2007

• Reported By:Rochester New York
Comfort Inn Of North Dartmouth (MA403)
171 Faunce Corner Rd. North Dartmouth, Massachusetts U.S.A.
  • Phone: 508-996-0800
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Comfort Inn Of North Dartmouth (MA403) Ripoff artisits and disrespectful staff North Dartmouth Massachusetts

*UPDATE Employee: Getting the Facts Straight

On 09/27/2007 I inquired about three (3) hotel rooms at the Comfort Inn of North Dartmouth (MA403) [171 Faunce Corner Rd., North Dartmouth, MA, US, 02747 phone: (508) 996-0800] in person at their front desk around 6PM EST. I told the front desk attendant [Tracy?] to simply hold the rooms for me, as I was unsure if we would be needing them, and that I would call her within the next few hours as I was in a rush. I made it very clear that I was not checking into the rooms and that I may not even take the rooms, it was simply an inquiry. For this, she said she needed my credit card and driver's license, and I agreed. She told me she would not charge my card and told me to tell her whether or not I wanted the rooms by the end of the night. I called back to the Comfort Inn of North Dartmouth at 8:59PM EST that same night to let them know I will not be needing the rooms and the front desk attendant said I was all set and she would 'take care of it' and then reassured me 'there will be no charge on the credit card' and promptly hung up the phone. On 10/01/2007 a charge for all three rooms THAT I NEVER SAW, SET FOOT IN, OR SLEPT IN was posted to my Quantum Bank of America Mastercard at $98.68/room for a total of $296.04. I called the Comfort Inn of North Dartmouth to inquire about the charges and they told me they would have their manager, Angela M., call me back when she was in on Thursday 10/04/2007. No one called the morning of 10/04/2007 so I called the Comfort Inn. at (508) 996-0800 and Angela M. answered the phone and refused to give me a refund stating that she did not believe that I had called to cancel those rooms since no one had anything documented. She then told me I had to talk to her manager, Monica Gouin at (508) 984-5858. I called Monica Gouin and she also refused to hear what transpired or take responsibility for her negligent staff and offered me no further help. She too then referred me to another manager that was to call me between 11AM and 12PM EST that day; his name was, Brad Ajello at (508) 984-5858. As of 12:05PM EST that day, he did not call as promised. I called him and was sent to his voicemail where I left him an urgent message to call me. He promptly called me back about ten minutes later and offered to refund only one (1) of the rooms. I reiterated that I wanted all three (3) room charges removed from my credit card bill and that it was not my fault their staff did not follow the correct procedures when they promptly hung up the phone without giving me any important information I may have needed. He was also quick to discredit me and pin the fault on my shoulders.

RefundWanter
Rochester, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2007 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comfort-Inn-Of-North-Dartmouth-MA403/North-Dartmouth-Massachusetts-02747/Comfort-Inn-Of-North-Dartmouth-MA403-Ripoff-artisits-and-disrespectful-staff-North-Dartm-278845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comfort Inn Of North Dartmouth (MA403)

Getting the Facts Straight

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I just want everyone to know the guest in question made a same day reservation which has to be cancelled by 6.00 PM the guest was perfectly aware of this .

Guest called at 9.00PM wanting to cancel his reservations the front desk explained that the hotel was sold out and he would be charged for the resevations.

The hotel offered to credit 1 of the reservations even that he did not cancel the reservations in the proper time frame he refused.

We ended up crediting the whole amount but the Hotel acted in accordance with the cancellation policy .

We treat evey guest with respect and apoligized to the guest for the situation but clearly the guest did not cancel the reservation in the time frame required .