Complaint Review: Commerce Bank

Commerce Bank
PO Box 806000 Kansas City, Missouri United States of America

Commerce Bank Unauthorized withdraw from Commerce Bank Kansas City Missouri

* : Maybe, maybe not

I was checking my checking account on August 17th 2009 and I noticed that Commerce bank withdrawed $30.00 out of my account without my authorization. I only authorized them to withdraw 30.00 for the dates of 6/24/09, 7/10/09, & 7/24/09 and I was given all my confirmation numbers on the phone and wrote them on a piece of paper.  The representative that I spoke to name is Cindy.  She gave me the option to whether I should go ahead and transfer money for the other future dates, and I told her NO, and that I will call her back to set up more payments.  The day we had this conversation was on 6/24/09.

When I found out that they've withdrawed 30.00 out on 8/17/2009, I did not have the available funds and it cause me to get 2 overdraft fees posted on my account because of what I did.  I called Commerce bank immediately and informed them of this and the lady I spoke to says that they were going to bring up the recorded conversation that was made on 6/24/2009 and will call me back in a couple of hours.  Nobody called me back, so I end up calling Cindy, and she says that I did authorize the transaction and got immediately defensive when I told her I didn't and she says that it was recorded, but how would she know that when nobody called me back to inform me what was said on 6/24/09.  She says to contact her boss, who is Steve Cook.  So I did and it took me about 2 hours to contact him, when I finally got a hold of him, I explained to him the situation and he says that he will pull up the recording of the conversation and to fax him  a copy of my bank statement that shows the 2 overdraft fees.  He says that it can take a couple of days (from 8/18/09) to resolved this.

From today, 8/25/2009 I have not heard anything from him, I have left several urgent voice messages on his phone and he has not returned my phone calls.  I told him to call me right away regardless of what the outcome is and he has not done so.  They are nothing but a bunch of liars and scam artists and I want to be recovered for all the overdraft fees and time spent trying to resolve thus issue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2009 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Commerce-Bank/Kansas-City-Missouri-64180-6000/Commerce-Bank-Unauthorized-withdraw-from-Commerce-Bank-Kansas-City-Missouri-485263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Commerce Bank

#1

Maybe, maybe not

AUTHOR: anonymous - (USA)

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience with them.  I've had a checking account and credit card both with this company and they hold one of my student loans.  They have never been anything but kind and gracious with me.  I worked with the Nixa and Springfield offices more often than not.  Maybe communication lines got twisted or maybe you just got a bad employee (I hope that's not the case).  Either way, You might try calling/visiting a nearby branch or calling the automated system and speaking with a representative out of the Home Office.  Once again, I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time with them.  I can assure you in my experience it is very much the exception to the rule for them to be anything but courteous and considerate.