Complaint Review: Commerce Payments

• Updated: Wed, December 07, 2011

• Reported By: SlenderPeach — Houston Texas United States of America
Commerce Payments
1465 Broadway Hewlette, New York United States of America

Commerce Payments Company continually processes unauthorized bank debits for fees not agreed upon Hewlette, New York

This company continually charges unauthorized fees despite their claim to fame that this will not happen with them. I have their brochure in front of me as I type this report, warning consumers about the hidden fees that OTHER credit card processing companies charge. We have a written contract with them stating which fees we agreed to and yet still new fees appear each month and the money disappears from our bank account without authorization. Most recently, November 2011, we were charged a $99.00 fee for something to do with the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008. They tell me it costs $99.00 for them to report my companies monthly gross transactions to the IRS. I find this very hard to believe and this fee was not agreed to. I had to go to the BBB of New York to get my money back. I have now cancelled my contract with this company. I sent a written letter via FEDEX. I have signature proof of receipt, yet no-one at this company has processed my request or responded to the questions in the letter about returning the credit card machine. Calling Customer Service takes forever. Plan on a couple of hours and most likely with no resolution. They promise to resolve the issue and tell you the correction will be on the next statement. On previously unauthorized charges it has taken more than a month to get these funds credited back to our bank account. The BBB of NY as of today has over a 100 complaints and several still unresolved. I strongly recommend you do not use this company. I am sure many big companies do not bother to reconcile their monthly statement and perhaps these continual charges each month are not high enough to make a difference but for smaller companies, $99 extra each month make a HUGE difference. I have found another company with ZERO complaints.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2011 02:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Commerce-Payments/Hewlette-New-York-11557/Commerce-Payments-Company-continually-processes-unauthorized-bank-debits-for-fees-not-agr-806245. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Commerce Payments