Complaint Review: Commercial Finance Help, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, January 12, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, March 27, 2009

• Reported By:Long Beach California
Commercial Finance Help, Inc.
6919 West Broward Blvd. Suite 304, Plantation, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 954-678-3759
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Commercial Finance Help, Inc. COMPLETE RIPOFF - Commercial Finance Help, Inc. - NO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE, TOTALLY DISORGANIZED, MISLEADING PEOPLE, DECEPTIVE Plantation Florida

*Author of original report: Response to Commercial Finance Help's post, MANY untrue statements, and MANY facts left out, avoiding the real issues of what really took place!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Commercial Finance Help - Clarity

*Author of original report: Update

Commercial Finance Help, Inc. 6919 West Broward Blvd. Suite 304 Plantation, FL 33317 is a complete ripoff, and are totally disorganized, the sales reps had to quit the company to go find other work, no one ever answered their phones or responded to my emails.

I started using this company on Oct 27, 2008 and it has now been OVER 2 months. I was told today that my application was denied. I am not upset with that, but the fact that after all the things they told me to provide them, the thousands of dollars I spent to produce the materials, business plan, and financial reports, they gave me the reason for being declined which i could have presented to them 2 months ago within 5 minutes.

1. They never answer their phone or emails.

2. The sales rep was never in the office, I could only speak to him once a week if i was lucky.

3. They wasted 2 months of my time! If they were better organized, they could have gave me an answer within the first 3 days.

5. I spent thousands of dollars, at their request, to produce all the materials they asked for because they said statements to me that made me believe my application was going to be approved.

6. The sales rep finally told me right ater Christmas that almost all deals were being declined and he had no choice to go find another job, which is why no one would return my phone calls.

7. They said they could do nothing for me because my A/R report was not what they were looking for. I produced this report within 5 minutes. They could have asked me for this the first week, 2 months ago, and before I spent alot of money getting the information they requested.

The sales rep told me things were moving along nicely, and they should be able to wrap things up, leading me to believe that they were going to approve the loan for me. What i did not know was the sales rep had to quit the company and go find another job because no loans were being approved and he has to get paid somehow. The sales rep finally admitted this to me and that he would check his messages once a week and get back with me.

I have wasted 2 months of my time with a completely disorganized company, and spent thousands of dollars when i did not have to spend. The reason why they declined me was because a simple report I produced in 2 minutes of my time, and the report could have been presented to them the first 2-3 days I submitted my app to them.

THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY.

Their customer service and availablity is less than poor, as it became very difficult to get a hold of anyone before the Christmas holidays and after the holidays.

They are completely disorganized.

They will waste 2 months of your time when other companies will tell you within the first 48 hours if they can do anything or not.

The sales rep would never be available because he had to go find another job because the company was not doing well financially and could not pay him.

They were very poor in communicating with you. Almost little to no communication as to what they are doing, how they were doing things, and the status of what they were doing. I was almost left in the dark for 2 months until the final moment.

I lost a few thousand dollars because I trusted them, I believed them in what they were telling me, with what little they were telling me, all looked good! When really it did not.

Victim of fraud
Long Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2009 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Commercial-Finance-Help-Inc/Plantation-Florida-33317/Commercial-Finance-Help-Inc-COMPLETE-RIPOFF-Commercial-Finance-Help-Inc-NO-ONE-AN-411055. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Commercial Finance Help, Inc.

AUTHOR: Victim Of Fraud - (U.S.A.)

THIS IS A REBUTTAL OF COMMERCIAL FINANCE HELP'S DISHONEST STATEMENTS ABOVE, AND THE FACT THEY CONVENEINTLY LEFT OUT NUMEROUS FACTS THAT TOOK PLACE.

THIS COMPANY BASICALLY CRAFTED A REALLY GOOD LETTER TO CONVENIENTLY MAKE THEM LOOK GOOD AND SHOW NO EVIDENCE OF WRONGDOING WHATSOEVER, LEAVING 100% OF THE BLAME ON THE CUSTOMER AND MAKING THEM TO APPREAR THEY DID SO MUCH FOR THEIR CUSTOMER! THEY ADDED SO MANY DETAILS IN THEIR RESPONSE WHEN IN FACT SOME OF THE DETAILS PROBABLY NEVER HAPPENED AT ALL, BECAUSE NONE OF THIS WAS COMMUNICATED WITH ME IN THE 3 MONTHS I WAITED ON THEM AND OUT OF FRUSTRATION ALWAYS HAD TO EMAIL OR CALL ASKING FOR AN UPDATE BECAUSE WEEKS HAD GONE BY WITH NO COMMUNICATION FROM THEM. THE LETTER ABOVE CONVENIENTLY LEAVES OUT MANY FACTS, THAT IS THEY WERE INCLUDED, WILL SHOW THEY MADE MANY MISTAKES, WERE DISORGANIZED, AND NEVER FOLLOW-UP WITH THEIR CLIENTS. AND I HAVE THE DOCUMENTED EMAILS TO SHOW PROOF I AM NOT LYING, AND THEY ARE NOW TELLING A DIFFERENT STORY JUST OPPOSITE OF ALL EMAILS.

THIS COMPANY'S RESPONSE CONVENIENTLY PICKED AND CHOSE WHAT INFO TO USE AND WHAT INFO TO LEAVE OUT WHEN MAKING THEIR RESPONSE.

This is my honest and sincere response regarding my experience working with Mark Kearn and Commercial Finance Help, Inc. of 6919 West Broward Blvd. Suite 304 Plantation, FL 33317-3105 and http://www.commercialfinancehelp.com

I am actually retracting my previous update on this complaint about this company that I posted on Jan 27, 2009. When I first filed my complaint on this site on January 12, 2009 about my experience about this company, I received a phone call from mark Kearn a few days later. Mark Kearn and I spoke on the phone for about 30-40 minutes and he told me that he could do 1 of 2 things about my report: (1) tell me to f*** off, that he had 100+ funding deals in his pipeline, so why would he want to waste more time with me and my company; or (2) the fact that he really did care, that he had children as well, and he wanted to help and pursue other options for me and my business. He chose to work with me and look into new options in finding a solution for funding my business. In this phone call, Mark Kearn also admitted to me that his company does have problems with communicating, following up, and his employee no longer worked for him and had made mistakes, and a lack of disorganization existed.

The truth is, Mark Kearn or his employees stated in their response above that I contacted them again only 2 days asking for an update, like I was being an annoyance to their company. That is completely untrue. When Mark Kearn called me on Jan 12, 2009, and admitted his company made mistakes, i did not hear back from him again until I had to send another email asking what was the status on Jan 22, 2009, which was another 10 days. I did this because once again, this company has a pattern of never following up with me.

AND the real truth about their employee who was my contact with the company. I sent a few emails after Jan 5, 2008 asking for an update within a week and no response. Next thing I know, I did get a phone call from this employee, and he stated to me he no longer worked for Commercial Finance Help because his deals were not getting approved and no commissions, and he needed to get a pay check somehow, so he had to work for another company.

(Note: I have all the documented emails to back up my statement, and I will always be willing to prove my statements are always honest and truthful.)

So I gave Mark Kearn the benefit of the doubt and continued to work with him and see what he could do for me. A few weeks go by and I do not hear from him so on January 22, I send him a friendly follow-up email to see if he found a solution for me. His email response on January 22, 2009 stated he was looking into 2 options for me, and he would get me an answer early next week which would be on Jan 26-28th.

Once again, I did not hear back from him at all receiving no follow-up or communication with him. So again, on January 29, 2009, I sent him another follow-up email asking for any updates or status, and he responded to me that he gave my info to his other employee to review and find a solution for funding for my business. But in his response email he sent me on January 22, 2009 he mentioned 2 options he was looking into and the first was an SBA loan option, and he totally forgot that option as he never followed through with the status or any updates on that So I questioned him if he even spoke to SBA about my company, because he stated in his email We have actually been talking to SBA regarding your deal to see what the requirements would be for them as far as a guarantee from them. So because of his lack of follow-up and lack of communication, I can only assume that he in fact did not even do anything at all, it was just all talk about possibilities when really nothing was being done. Probably because he was too busy with the other 100+ better deals in his pipeline.

During the course of another 2 weeks wasted, I did get a chance to speak to his employee about another options they had available, and we spoke for about 45 minutes about all the possibilities and about my company. I asked him what is next after the discussion, and he said he would have Mark Kearn follow up with me and call me. I did not get any phone call or email follow-up at all.

On February 15, 2009, I sent them an email asking them about an SBA Micro loan and if that would work for me. My intentions were to get this done through Mark Kearn and Commercial Finance Help. What I find interesting is that Mark Kearn IMMEDIATELY and enthusiastically responded to this question and he and his employee quickly responded to me saying this was an option, and very quickly referring me to someone else in my area. This made me feel they were trying to get rid of me because they just did not want to deal with me any more. Also, Mark Kearn stated in his email that he took the time and did all the research for me to find an Micro loan provider for me, and that he did a huge favor for me. Actually, I already had a list of over 75+ micro-loan lenders in my area that I found myself on the SBA website within 1-2 minutes. I did not want to contact anyone at this point because I am working with Mark Kearn's company, but all along his #1 goal was to get rid of me and pass me on to another company. That is my honest opinion based on what I experienced with Mark Kearn.

So here we are now going on February 20, 2009 (4 months of delays and run-arounds) and no follow-up or communication. I send them another email once again asking for yet another update. Since the beginning I have always been waiting on them and always having to do ALL the follow-up and communication just to get a response, update, or follow-up that was initiated by me.

Mark Kearn responds to me that day asking me if I received his email about the Micro Loan, and ignoring my original questions in the email I sent him. I was so infuriated and mad about Mark Kearn forgetting about the 2 options we talked about on January 22, 2009, which is over a month ago, that I did respond back to him with how I felt about what he was doing to me again, even after he assured me this would not happen and that he does care. Regarding the 2 options he offered me, if he would have just followed through as promised and communicated with me, and if they did not work and he could not get it done for me, it is much more honorable for him to just send me an email right away and say, Hey, I am sorry but we cannot get anything done for you! But instead, for 4-5 months total I keep getting the run-around and no straight-up answers.

In my email response to him, I finally just put him on the spot and asked straight up, You have been dancing around this for months and I am tired of talking. I want answers and results, anything else has been a waste of my time. And I also said this Can you prove me wrong by stop talking and produce results? If no, then this is something you should have been able to communicate with me on the first week I started working with your company so I can make decisions on my end whether I am going to invest 100 hours and a few thousand dollars. I have all the emails, work produced, plans and strategies I developed all to prepare for this investment opportunity and my chances of being approved that was communicated to me and sold on by your staff. Please advise!

After my horrible experience with this company and finally responding to the same treatment from the beginning, in which Mark Kearn told me would not happen and that he assured me that he does care, his response to me was this, This begins to get old after a while.

You have got to be kidding me! He is actually responding to me making me believe that I was the problem. All I ever wanted was a straight up answer from his company and for them to follow-through and communicate with me in a timely manner. That is all I asked for, as well as being straight up with me. He and his employees wasted 4 months of my time.

He and his employees basically sent me a few final scathing and insulting emails completely insulting me and my business, telling me how they once again reviewed all my information again (which is the same from Nov 2008), and summarized my business as it basically sucks, has no money, no cash flow, bad credit, and how they would never do anything for me. OK, so this is true, I already know this, and is the same information I provided them back in November 11, 2008, over 4 months ago and nothing has changed regarding the status of my business. So the honorable thing to do is to just tell me this 4 months ago and I would have accepted their NO answer and moved on.

And their insulting and scathing comments were not even true, because I proved cash flow for the past 3 years, had employees that I paid monthly, they stated themselves my bad credit score was no problem and to get me approved my credit scores needed to be above 600, which it was. I spent the first 3-4 years investing over $500,000 developing my product, so my income was invested back into the product development and I am now ready to raise capital, hire employees, and expand. This is what Commerical Finance Help and hundreds of other companies do, right? Yes, they all advertise this same American dream story, and that they are all here to help.

Unfortunately, my credit report was not a priority and my business and product development was the #1 priority. I am a start up business beyond the development stage and in the early profitable stage, so it is obvious my company is not in the picture perfect ideal company to get approved for a super fast loan. But these facts were never any issue based on the statements I received from the employees at Commercial Finance Help.

If the scathing and insulting emails I received on Feb 25, 2009 that included a review of my business as worthless is so true, then why did they tell me the following information in documented emails from Nov 2008 up to Feb 2009:

1. On Nov 13th, the employee told me this As far as your credit score goes, it is great that your Experian has gone above 600. We need all three credit scores to be above 600 before we can get started. I told this company My Experien credit score is now 610. Can you work with the 610 score and get things started? and they said YES so we then proceeded with getting them more documents they needed!

2. When I spoke to their employee in December 2008, the employee told me that it all looked good, but that I probably would not get the working capital I was requesting, but the fact that it would be less. He was telling me info that he was being told.

2. On Jan 6th, they said Our underwriter likes the fact that the business is in a growth stage.

3. Another statement on Jan 6th by their employees I'd suggest calling Robert to let him know that everything is moving along nicely now that we have the general snapshot of info we needed.

4. And finally, more statements on Jan 6th, As a whole your company is appealing! and this We need some details to move forward and firm things up. And this Everything is going nicely

So clearly their scathing and insulting responses they sent to me served one purpose: they immediately went into the defensive mode to avoid responsibility and take ownership of their repeated mistakes in a desperate attempt to try and put the blame back on me and get rid of me when I confronted them. They are now telling a totally different story where there is no truth behind it, because if it were true, they would have done the honorable thing back in Nov 2008 and politely tell me that they tried hard but could not help me. Instead they gave me the run around and based on what they requested from me, cost me a a lot of money, hundreds of hours wasted, and me making a very difficult decision to use the money I had saved for Christmas for my 3 children on preparing paperwork they had requested.

The issue is NOT whether I was approved or declined, it was the fact that they were less than professional in the lack of organization and communication with this company.

And while I was working with this company, it came to my attention that the reason why I had a hard time contacting the employee who was working with me on my deal was because he was no longer employed with them and could only contact me once a week.

This was so frustrating!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Commercial Finance Help - Clarity

AUTHOR: Help Desk - (U.S.A.)

On 10/27/2008, a member of the CFH team sent Robert Hendrix an email regarding his posting on GoBigNetwork. After some conversation, it was requested that Robert go on our website and provide us with the Business Expansion Loan documents. This includes a checklist of items required for us to consider funding any deal. On 12/4/2008, we received a partial package from Robert. On 12/11/2008, we received Robert's credit report, which detailed some derogatory accounts, as well as multiple late payments on his personal automobile financing arrangement. While we understand things happen when growing a business, this did cause us to change our lending strategy since Robert Hendrix's personal credit would not allow us to obtain many types of financing.

On 12/19/2008, we determined that Accounts Receivable financing may be one of the only options for Robert Hendrix due to his company's weak cash flows and his poor personal credit. While he did get his credit scores above 600, we had not seen his credit report until he had achieved this. Thus we never had the opportunity to know there were multiple derogatory accounts.

On 1/4/2009, we received the last of the supposed Sales Contracts. However, these were not sales contracts they were reseller agreement. We did not receive the A/R statements until 1/6/09. Upon receipt of those, we responded to Robert Hendrix with a denial on 1/12/09. This is the day that Robert Hendrix first submitted his report on Ripoff Report.

Robert Hendrix of Creative Vision and Bankcard Pros, attacked a previous employee by stating What I did not know was the sales rep had to quit the company and go find another job because no loans were being approved and he has to get paid somehow. This employee is no longer with the company because he has moved on to things that are more suiting for his background. The level of customer service we look to have was lacking without a doubt. However, the comments made about this person were so inappropriate, we told Robert we had no intention of working with him until he clarified his remarks.

As discussed, we did no further work on Robert Hendrix's request until he posted his update on Ripoff Report. Robert agreed to post his update and this was done on 1/27/09. Once we were made aware of the update, we began working on his request again. However, 2 days later Robert was requesting an update from us again expecting instant results.

Over the next week, we had discussions with the SBA offices regarding a possible 7(a) loan for Robert. There were a few major strike points for this request. The business, while established for 12 years, is being operated out of a personal residence. Furthermore, the last year tax returns only showed enough net income to support Robert Hendrix's personal expense. These were just 2 of the things leaving us only one possible option potentially available. We had multiple discussions about Robert's proposal with different SBA lenders and counselors. As we realized the SBA programs would not be able to fit Robert's needs, we decided to put together a package of multiple companies like Robert's in order to help them all obtain financing.

We had our technology specialist contact Mr. Hendrix about his software and to get further insight to what his company does and how it functions. This provided us with the insight, that while things had been difficult for Creative Vision, it would be a good fit to roll up with some other technology companies and offer a Private Placement to raise funds.

After a discussion about how this roll up would work, we made Robert aware that this would take a good deal of time. Such an offering would not be an overnight funding solution, and while we worked to do this he should definitely seek funds elsewhere if he can obtain them.

During this time, Robert approached us about SBA Microloans. We are not involved in microloans as they are specific to location and offered by non-profit entities therefore we are unable to participate in them. When questioned about this, we did a quick search to find someone in his area and made sure they were still operational as many of the microlenders on the SBA site are no longer lending.

This caused once again, a raging outburst from Robert that we were not doing anything to assist him in obtaining financing. We have received multiple threatening emails including statements such as This entire statement is full of crap. And Can you give me a reason why I should not post this report about my experience with your company on the internet?

Interestingly enough, in between the threats and insults, we received the following email.

------------------------------------------------
Putting aside our obvious issues and problems from the past, I still think you have a great company doing good things for a lot of businesses. I just wish you would have treated me differently and with a little more respect.

Regarding my credit, I have just paid off 4 more accounts and now almost all derogatory accounts on my credit score. I only have 1 derogatory account left and can be taken care of at any time. I have 4-5 accounts being paid on time for the past year, including my car payments. In the past 4-5 years I never really valued my credit reports and did not realize I would need my credit for my business, so my credit history was my last priority. When all along I should have valued my credit reports as my #1 priority in life with anything I do. And I never realized that I would have needed working capital or business loans to build my business, I just did not realize this until I actually experienced what I did the past few years. What I should have done was start searching for working capital a few years ago.

What I am being told is I must have collateral for an SBA loan. So that does not work now.

Also, I am told that I must not have any derogatory accounts on my credit score for a business loan with banks. I can achieve this within 30 days or less by paying off 1 account.

Is there anything you offer that would work in my situation? In the past you stated I must have a credit score of 610 or above, what would you require today? If you give me specific requirements, I can have goals and make it happen in 30 days. But at least I will know what goals I must accomplish and work on what I know will be a success for me.
------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, the relationship here has been severely strained. We had determined the only possible way that we were aware of to help both Robert and his company. However, just 2 weeks after this email, we received another threat to post on Ripoff Report. We have gone back and forth too many times on this issue now in working with Robert and have simply chosen to walk away. Many institutions would have walked away on Day 1, but we made a great effort to find a way to make this situation work only to be beaten up and insulted. Our company has always operated on the principle that we should try to help good people achieve their goals. However, at some point the liability of trying to help people becomes too great.

We thank Ripoff Report for providing an outlet to make our case. We feel that any further statements from Robert Hendrix, Creative Vision, and Bankcard Pros, will speak for themselves.

Update

AUTHOR: Victim Of Fraud - (U.S.A.)

There is this famous advice I learned along time ago and it goes like this, "when you feel like you were treated poorly or have been wronged by another individual or company, it is best to never rush to judgement and react right away, but to wait a few days and allow yourself to calm down!" In this case, what I should have done was waited a few days, because people really do care, and when they see something is wrong, they really care enough to do what is right for their customers. Mark Kearn has proven to me that he really does care, that he really is a human being, and is always willing to fix problems from the past and do what is right.

After posting this report, I received a phone call from the owner of Commercial Financial Help, Mark Kearn, and he was extremely concerned with my experience with his company. This was about 10 days ago. Mark Kearn explained to me that he too has children, and my letter to him really caught his attention and that he will do whatever it takes to help me and my business.

Since I first posted this report, Mark Kearn emailed me a few times and personally called me 2 times to help me. He stated that he was not happy in the way one of his employees handled my account, and that there was a major communication breakdown, and he is taking every step to make things better, and assist my business.

Out of extremely good faith he has expressed his apologies to me, and is working on my account for me and working on all options available to help my business.

I would also like to clarify one thing, in no way did this company ever request money upfront for services they provide. I spent money on professionals to help me write my business plan, on my CPA who spent 40 hours preparing and setting up my accounting records for the past 3 years, and all the hours of personal time I spent in December and through the Christmas holiday to prepare all information that was requested by Commercial Finance Help.

With what our country has experienced the past 6 months, with all the greed and corruption among all the executives in the corporate world and on wall street, Mark Kearn has risen above all this and proven to me that he is better!