Complaint Review: Commercial Health Network

• Updated: Sat, October 15, 2005

• Reported By:Gordo Alabama
Commercial Health Network
P.O Box990 FDICC Lower Factory Road Blvd. Anntigua, India India

Commercial Health Network $299.00 taken from my account and nothing in return. Ripoff Anntigua India *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

*Consumer Suggestion: No legitimate company charges a fee IN ADVANCE for a credit card. This is a scam that was designed to cheat you out of your money.

*Author of original report: no money returned yet

My situation is a little different because this happened to me almost a year ago. I got a phone call from these people and They told me that even though I had bad credit, I was still elligible for $2,000.00 credit card for a one time fee of $299.00 because of my disability.

This happened 7\27\2004 and they kept giving me excuses as to why I haven't recieved my package. Well november rolls around and my home is destroyed by fire.All my information pertaining to this was gone.I recently called my bank and explained what happened.

They pulled my statements and found a number and immediately I call and they are a customer service answering service, but they did have the company and my bank account number on file.

I asked for the address and number only to find out that the company wasn't in Nevada like they led me to believe over the phone.The address they gave me was in the WestIndies and I got a different number also.

I decided to go on the internet and see what I could find out about Commercial Health Network and that's when I learn about the Rip Off Report.I hope to get my money back because since my house burned I have been pretty much homeless waiting on government assisstance.

I think it's a shame that these people are targeting middle class disabled and elderly people.

Mandy
Gordo, Alabama
United States Minor Outlying Islands

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

HERE IS WHAT RIP-OFF REPORT SUGGESTS YOU DO:

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com
EDitor@ripoffreport.com
badbusinessbureau.com
www.ripoffreport.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2005 09:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Commercial-Health-Network/Anntigua-India-H3R-2J8/Commercial-Health-Network-29900-taken-from-my-account-and-nothing-in-return-Ripoff-Annt-135771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Commercial Health Network

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Yes, credit cards have annual fees. The fee is way less than $300 and it is charged to the card after you receive it.

No legitimate credit card issuer charges a large fee for a card BEFORE you get it.

This is an old con, but frauds continue to find new victims by using it.

The only hope I can see depends on your bank reversing the payment.

The frauds will never voluntarily send you a refund.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

This is an old con, but frauds continue to find new victims by using it.

The only hope I can see depends on your bank reversing the payment.

The frauds will never voluntarily send you a refund.

no money returned yet

AUTHOR: Mandy - (United States Minor Outlying Islands)

Well it's been months and I still haven't heard a word from these people but i still have hope.