Complaint Review: Commission Junction

• Reported By: lincoln — Maryland
Commission Junction
Internet USA

Commission Junction Commission Junction Rip-Off Internet

I was recently terminated from Commission Junction and they refuse to pay the $1600+ they owe.  Their reasoning was that I violated their terms regarding trademarked terms in my ad / domain and keyword policy.  Neither of which was true.  In fact the "trademarked" term they identified is (1) not a trademarked term for any company as we can tell and definately not one for the advertiser I was promoting AND (2) when I applied to the program I specifically stated the domain address I was going to use to promote the program and they approved it quickly and then followed up asking when I would be actively promoting the program.  The domain name has the term they claim is trademarked within it.  AND THEY APPROVED IT!  As for the keywords... again false and I have offered to prove it.  The only site I used to promote the program shows all current and past keywords, including those deleted or paused.  So I couldn't fake it if I wanted to.  I also ran the promotional campaigns exactly as I did a few years ago when the same program was offered - exact same ads and keywords.  No issue back then and there shouldn't have been.  They don't care.  As others on the web have said they simply delete your account and keep the money.  Others have said that they keep the links active (this is true as I've tested links I had that are a year+ old and they still work) and don't tell the advertisers and take the money from them for the clicks / leads generated.  Even though they will not pay them out.  This would be great to prove as it is fraud on a whole new level.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2014 08:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Commission-Junction/internet/Commission-Junction-Commission-Junction-Rip-Off-Internet-1142591. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Commission Junction