Complaint Review: Community Savings

• Submitted: Sat, July 30, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, July 30, 2005

• Reported By:Dickerson Run Pennsylvania
Community Savings
PO Box 2636 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Community Savings Credit Card Scam ripoff Champlain New York

I am ashamed to say that Community Savings can add me to the list of people ripped off by them. They called and offered me a $3,000 unsecured Mastercard for a processing fee of $299.

It took over 60 days to receive the package, which consisted of a book and an application for a secured mastercard. As if that wasn't bad enough, they also required an additional $40 application fee! Yes, I had contacted this company to find out where my card was since I had not received anything from them after 30 days.

I got a run around and was told that I should have received the card and they would check on it and get back to me. They never called back. Once I findly received the package it was too late to go to the bank and do anything about it.

I did contact them again and Michael the person I talked with told me that I was never told it was an unsecured card. I told him a call would be made to the Attorney General. After this he hung up on me.

Calling back, Michael told me that he had pulled my tape and listened to it again stating I was told the fee was for an application for a secured card. When I stated that I wanted to listen to this tape he instructed me that I would have to set up an appointment time to call back, since the tape would have to be pulled and wasn't able to do it at that time. I did call back at the appointed time, was spoken to rudely and then hung up on. I have received the same treatment each time I call back.

No refund, not able to get my bank to do anything, and still out the $299. What recourse do we have but to write a rip-off report on the internet and hope to save another person from these deviants!

John
Uniontown, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2005 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Community-Savings/Champlain-New-York-12919/Community-Savings-Credit-Card-Scam-ripoff-Champlain-New-York-151837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Community Savings