Complaint Review: Community Savings

• Submitted: Mon, February 14, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, October 09, 2005

• Reported By:Harrisville West Virginia
Community Savings
P.O. Box 2636 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Community Savings Ripoff I was told I would receive a credit card with a $3,000 credit limit if I paid a $299 fee Champlain New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Never pay a fee to get something like a credit card

*Author of original report: Update on case as of September 2005.

*Author of original report: Update on case as of September 2005.

I was called in early September of 2004 by a customer service member of Community Savings in New York. I was told that I qualified for a credit card with up to a $3,000 credit limit. I had to pay an upfront fee of $299. They gave me a verification number to give them when I received the credit card to activate it. Community Savings drafted my checking account for the $299 on September 24, 2004. I was told I would receive the credit card within 15-30 days.

When I did not receive anything I called back Community Savings and they told me that I would receive comformation papers within 15-30 days before they sent me the credit card. I have called them every month since I paid the fee for the credit card. Every time I call they say all they can do is send the confromation papers to me again, I still have not received anything from Community Savings.

In early February of 2005 I called Community Savings and told them I wanted to cancel the credit card and get my money back. I was told I could not get a refund for the $299 until I sent back the conformation papers to them.
I explained to them that I have not received anything from them and I just wanted my money back. They again told me they can not cancel the credit card because it is still in processing. They said that they would resend the conformation papers and I would receive them this time. I told them I have not been receiving anything so how can I send back the papers if I never receive them. They were insistent that I would receive the comformation papers. I still have not received anything from Community Savings.

Lena
Harrisville, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2005 04:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Community-Savings/Champlain-New-York-12919/Community-Savings-Ripoff-I-was-told-I-would-receive-a-credit-card-with-a-3000-credit-lim-131353. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Community Savings

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Never pay a fee to get something like a credit card

AUTHOR: Andrew - (U.S.A.)

Hi

Never ever pay a fee ahead of time to get a credit card or a loan. In most states that practice is agaist the law. If they want to charge a fee they can add it to the credit card or deduct it from the money they say you are going to recieve.

Update on case as of September 2005.

AUTHOR: Lena - (U.S.A.)

After calling every month since I paid for this credit card, I was told the manager would call back. Since July they stopped taking my calls. I finally had enough and filed a complaint with the police department, and the deputy sheriff called me in less than a week. He confirmed my report and asked a few other questions. Well let's just say he is my new favorite person. He contacted COMMUNITY SAVINGS the next morning. The day after the deputy contacted them my account was credited the full amount. They didn't like the idea of being extradited to West Virginia to stand trial for fraud. If you are dealing with this horrible company and they refuse to give you a refund, file a complaint with every legal authority you can in your state. Once I did I got my money back. Don't let them bully you around.

Update on case as of September 2005.

AUTHOR: Lena - (U.S.A.)