Complaint Review: Community Savings

• Submitted: Sat, September 10, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, October 08, 2005

• Reported By:Chesapeake Virginia
Community Savings
P.O.Box 2636 Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Community Savings Ripoff offered Mastercard or Visa for $299 then sent a package for you to load money onto a card. Requested a refund but got nothing Champlain New York

*Consumer Suggestion: How I resolved my problem with this company.

Community Savings called my house and made an offer of a Visa or Mastercard for a fee of $299. The gave me a verification number and told me I would receive the card in 4 weeks. They debited the money from my account on July 15, 2005 and 4 weeks later the card did not arrive in the mail. I called the number (which by the way is toll free) and when I finally got a voice at the end of the line, I was told they had a back log and my package was being sent from the warehouse. This was a flag for me since I was to receive a credit card not a package. I informed them that it was also late that 4 weeks had passed. At that point they said that the order was due to arrive 30 days from the date of the debit. I told them the sales person told me 4 weeks which is not 30 days. They said it was already sent from the warehouse and would be arriving any day. The package arrived about a week after 30 days and it was an offer to load money on to a Visa or Mastercard that could be used like a credit card.

I immediately called the company and told them they misrepresented themselves over the phone. I told them further, the package was late arriving and I didn't want it. I requested a refund of my money. They told me to write a note and include it in the package and return the package for a refund. I had to pay to mail the package to the post office box number in Champlain, New York. They had to sign for the package and I received a tracking number from the post office. Upon checking the tracking number, I know the package was received by them on August 26, 2005. They never called me and I never received the money back into my account. On September 6, 2005 I called them again and was told the money should be credited back into my account and that someone would be calling me. As of this morning September 10, 2005 the funds have not been returned to my account and no one from Community Savings has contacted me about this account or the closure of it.

Please help me get my money back. I have been ripped off.

Roslyn
Chesapeake, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2005 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Community-Savings/Champlain-New-York-12919/Community-Savings-Ripoff-offered-Mastercard-or-Visa-for-299-then-sent-a-package-for-you-t-156605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Community Savings

#1 Consumer Suggestion

How I resolved my problem with this company.

AUTHOR: Lena - (U.S.A.)

I am sorry for your trouble. I have gone through the same thing with Community Savings. I called and tried to get my complaint resolved for a year and they did not do anything to resolve it. This September I filed a complaint with my local Sheriff's department. The Sheriff called Community Savings the day after he spoke with me to confirm my complaint. The day after the Sheriff called Community Savings they returned my money. Don't give up. File a report with your local Sheriff's department; they can help you get your money back. I hope this helps.