Complaint Review: Comodo / Young America

• Updated: Tue, September 27, 2011

• Reported By: Patrick — San Mateo California United States of America
Comodo / Young America
525 Washington Blvd Jersey City, New Jersey United States of America

Comodo / Young America Brenda Barzola & Lisa Ramirez $50.00 Rebate Fraud Jersey City, New Jersey

$50.00 Rebate Fraud;

On 02/05/11 I bought Comodos Internet Security Complete 2011 because of the $50.00 rebate. On 02/28/11 I mailed rebate with all of the necessary documentation and waited the time indicated for processing and mailing. Having not received my $50.00 on 06/27/11 I called (888-879-8707) to check status, told not in system. Was told to mail to new address (POBox 740906), asked for e-mail or fax number. Refused. On 07/19/11 called, told not in system, check back at months end, asked for e-mail or fax number. Refused. On 08/01/11 called, told not in system, demanded fax number and was given one. Faxed. On 08/05/11 called, told faxed was received but sorry, THE OFFER IS NOW CLOSED! After much arguing I was told to contact Brenda B., Channel Marketing Administrator , she asked me to scan & e-mail to which I did. On 08/08/11 Brenda e-mailed me and said that she has submitted it to their 3rd party processing center.

Note; to date (09/27/11) this was the last time I heard from Brenda. On 08/18/11 I called the Rebate Ctr to check status, was told it is approved, was given a conf # and was told I will have a check within 30 days. Waited 2 weeks & called 09/02/11 to check status & was told I will have a check 30 days from 08/18/11. I e-mailed Brenda to question this further delay and my reply came from Lisa R., Marketing Coordinator, stating that Brenda turned this over to her and she has checked with  the Rebate Ctr and I will have a check no later the 09/09/11. On 09/09/11 I called the Rebate Ctr, was told 2 more weeks. E-mailed Brenda & Lida & rcvd no reply. On 09/13/11 send another e-mail to both, no reply. On 09/16/11 called the Rebate Ctr and was told a check will cut on 09/19/11.

On 09/19/11 called, no ck # yet. On 09/19/11 I emailed Brenda & Lisa again and this time got a reply from Lisa to Accounting stating that they are on credit hold with Young America (Rebate Center) and she has an irate customer. She immediately replied to me to disregard that e-mail, it was meant for Accounting. I replied with a demand letter that if I dont have a ck by 09/23/11 I would file a complaint with the FTC (and more). Theres been no reply from either of them since.  On 09/22/11 I called the Rebate Ctr and was told it is approved and I should receive a check in 30 more days. Talked with a supervisor and was told the same thing. Apparently no one there is able to hit the print key. Clearly I am getting the runaround here!

Sincerely,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2011 06:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comodo-Young-America/Jersey-City-New-Jersey-07310/Comodo-Young-America-Brenda-Barzola-Lisa-Ramirez-5000-Rebate-Fraud-Jersey-City-New-782102. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comodo / Young America