Complaint Review: Comp USA And Sakar

• Submitted: Tue, May 06, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, May 06, 2003

• Reported By:Dunellen New Jersey
Comp USA And Sakar
305 Rt. 22 E, Springfieldn N.J. Springfield, New Jersey U.S.A.

Comp USA And Sakar consumer fraud ripoff Springfield New Jersey

Comp Usa and Sakar advertised a rebate for $10 on a PDA pen. I bought the product on 11/29/02 and sent the receipt, rebate form and SKU card from the product on 12/3/02 to a P.O. Box in New Rochelle , NY. I keep a copy of items submitted in my computer.

When I didn't get the rebate I called New Rochelle at the number listed and was told they never received the rebate request and to mail it again. I refused and was given a fax number so that I could be assured it was received. I faxed it to (914)633-8772 on 2/27/03. My fax stated it was received. When I called on 3/11/03 I was told it was not received and to mail it again. I objected because I had already spent extra time and money to get this rebate. If I keep it up I will spend more than I will recive in the rebate.

I called compusa where I purchased the item at (800)266-7872. I spoke to a Latoya and gave her my recipt number on more than one call and was told they checked that I did purchase the item and they would have the rebate sent. It has not come and when I called back they said they can't help I will have to call Sakar. I called (800) 637-1090 at Sakar and only get voice mail that was not answered for 2 days. I can't continue to spend the time and money trying to get a rebate. I also read that this New Rochelle clearing house has numerous complaints against them for the same practices. It has been 6 months and I want my rebate.

Linda
Dunellen, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2003 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comp-USA-And-Sakar/Springfield-New-Jersey/Comp-USA-And-Sakar-consumer-fraud-ripoff-Springfield-New-Jersey-55828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comp USA And Sakar