unexpected

• Submitted: Mon, February 18, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, March 29, 2003

• Reported By:Princeton NJ
Comp USA
Freehold, New Jersey U.S.A.

Comp USA PC Extended LapTop Warranty Ripoff, ..These people lie to your face! Freehold New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: People can be pretty stupid...

*UPDATE Employee: I am tired of customer complaining about their extended warranty

In October of 2001 I purchased my very first laptop, a Toshiba Satellite 1805-S274 from Comp USA. They offered me an extended warranty on the product for $350.00 for 2 years. The first thing that went wrong and they don't tell you is that the "extended" warranty begins from the day of purchase which rides over the manufacturers warranty.

The second thing that went wrong is that the store manager, Eddie, from the Freehold Raceway Mall store, told me that Toshiba's warranty on labor and parts is only for 90 days. This is totally incorrect. Toshiba warranty is for 1 year on parts + Labor!

The third thing that went wrong and this is what broke the cammel's back is that I had a hard ware problem with my machine and the 90 day period was missed by 2 weeks and I instisted on a new machine.

They gave me the following options: (1) They would give me a new machine but the extended warranty ceases or (2) they would take the laptop fix the problem and that would take about 3 to 5 days and they warranty will continue. This is totally absurd and a big rip off!

If you are thinking of getting one check directly with the Manufacturer first. They normally have a better deal. Now I'm fighting to get my $350 back. These people lie to your face!

Maria
Princeton, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comp-USA/Freehold-New-Jersey-07728/Comp-USA-PC-Extended-LapTop-Warranty-Ripoff-These-people-lie-to-your-face-Freehold-New-14440. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comp USA

AUTHOR: Sherri - (U.S.A.)

A. To buy anything from CompUSA, as the reputation for customer service is atrocious to say the least;

B. To buy an extended warranty that will never get honored and only benefits the company selling them and the salesperson who hustles people in to buying them;

C. To trust in a company hiring "lead technicians" who berate customers for "not reading", yet can't make a complete sentence that would be considered literate.

I'm NOT stupid; I learned the hard way and wouldn't buy a blank CD from CompUSA.

AUTHOR: Sherri - (U.S.A.)

I am tired of customer complaining about their extended warranty

AUTHOR: Mark - (U.S.A.)

I'm a Lead technician for CompUSA and I am tired of customer complaining about their extended warranty. The first thing Marira needs to do is to read the warranty.. Customers never read thier info.. As far as the warranty starting at date of purchase on a laptop because laptop kits have screen damage, which the manufature does not cover..

We sell the screen damage for customers that do not pay attention what the are doing like closing the lid when having a pen lying on the keyboard and breaking the screen.. Let me see you get that fixed buy the manufature in the first year..NOT!! or if they are stupid and clumbsy and drop it..

Now I know sales people can be not always so truthful but if you dont read the warranty thats the customer fault and since she is so gulable let me see her a warranty on her house.. She wont need the paper work she would probbaly just take my word for it.. How stupid can people be..