Complaint Review: Comp USA

• Submitted: Fri, June 20, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 23, 2008

• Reported By:hudson Ohio
Comp USA
compusa.com Hudson, Ohio U.S.A.

Comp USA Web Page Advertised merchandise not available Columbus Hudson Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: Resolution

Received email offer for $279 Acer laptop computer but when I tried to order it on-line they had no idea what I was talking about! I sent them a copy of the email they sent me and I showed them I could not order it (and I wanted to) because there was no link to click on. They emailed me back to say they only had a limited number to sell and they had sold them. Since I do not believe they ever had them to sell, their barbain email offer was just a simple trick to get me to open their web page and place an order for more expensive laptops (its called "bait and switch", I believe) Not a good practice for a major on-line retailer to practice!!!

Wilsonj6363
hudson, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2008 05:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comp-USA/Hudson-Ohio-44236/Comp-USA-Web-Page-Advertised-merchandise-not-available-Columbus-Hudson-Ohio-342519. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comp USA

Resolution

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer:

We are sorry you were not able to take advantage of that offer, however, we at CompUSA.com are committed to ensuring your satisfaction. Please email me at alex@help.compusa.com and refer to this post, so we can find a solution that you will deem satisfactory.

Sincerely,