Complaint Review: Comp USA

• Submitted: Tue, June 17, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, October 09, 2004

• Reported By:Germantown Tennessee
Comp USA
3222 Austin Peah, Memphis, Tennessee U.S.A.

Comp USA over charging for service, lacking knowledge,unprepared Memphis Tennessee

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: INVALID, UNFOUNDED, BOGUS RIPOFFREPORT

*Author of original report: NOT CompUSA, but Compu Exec!!

I had a new 64MB video card installed on my computer, It took 20 min. to install, and 4hr to correct the mistakes during installation! First,my old card's drive should have been erased but wasn't done (I found this out later on the how-to site for my computer), second the drive on the video card CD was so old, it wouldn't run with my computer.

Among other problems with my computer-along with loosing my ethernet drive that I had to restore later, my charge for this "knowledgeable" installation was $307.69 for a$64.95 card!!!! The service representative claimed the charge was for his time even though he had made the mistakes. I was "given a discount". He also claimed I had the wrong BIOS yet when I contacting my computer company I found out I have the correct, and latest BIOS.

I have written my computer company to let them know of my experience and hope they won't recommend Comp USA for computer service anymore. I would like to get some of my money refunded, but that is probably wishful thinking. Thank you for your time.

Lisa
Germantown, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2003 05:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comp-USA/Memphis-Tennessee-38128/Comp-USA-over-charging-for-service-lacking-knowledgeunprepared-Memphis-Tennessee-60974. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comp USA

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

INVALID, UNFOUNDED, BOGUS RIPOFFREPORT

AUTHOR: Anthony - (U.S.A.)

This individual was given many opportunities to allow our technician to do his job. She repeatedly interferred with the process and caused many more problems than originally necessary to troubleshoot. Customer's system was working when we left, she was not charged for the full on-site time. She paid her bill, messed up her system again and began attempting to blackmail CEI.

This customer filed several complaints to the local Better Business Bureau. After careful review her claim was found be dishonest and lacking.

It is a shame that people like this can still find resources to use against a company they are clearly attempting to blackmail. CEI has been in business for over 10 years and has a stellar record in the Networking and Computer repair industry.

Ripoffreport should also be sanctioned for allowing trash to be posted against companies without a proper investigation. A simple call to the local BBB could have ended this entire matter.

NOT CompUSA, but Compu Exec!!

AUTHOR: Lisa - (U.S.A.)

I received a very nice reply from CompUSA, this company is NOT related to them like I thought,and I'm VERY sorry for the misunderstanding, this is the site of this Company based in Memphis TN, and my troubles is with Mr. Anthony Woods listed as Pres. of this company.