Complaint Review: Comp USA

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Comp USA
, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Comp USA worthless warranty

I purchased a $300 piece of worthless paper at Comp USA when I purchased my computer a year and a half ago. The repair warranty provided for 3 years of in home service on my Packard Bell. Well I need it now. I called the provider Warren tech and it was arranged to come out, and they would contact me within 5 days for a date. I was told to contact them if it was over 3 days before someone called me. Well I called them and got 7 hours of busy signals on both numbers.

Comp USA commented they had been having a problem but a part had been ordered for my computer, that hadn't been seen yet. Well its now 2 weeks later. No call, no visit, no contact whatsoever, so I continue to call Warren Tech and get the usual busy signal for hours and hours. Today I called CompUSA miffed to say the least.

Now I find I am not alone, there is a big problem and I was misinformed. I purchased the program with Warren Tech (not mentioned at the time of purchase) that Comp USA had nothing to do with it (definately not what we were told.) and they were sure it would work out. We purchased the coverage from CompUSA at the time of purchase.

We were told that Warren tech did the repairs for CompUSA and that it was a part of the deal with CompUSA. Since there are a lot of them (by word of CompUSA) I figure some sort of story will bring a number of us out. I await a form from the Attorney General to put in a complaint but buyer beware of service contracts at CompUSA, in fact that is the LAST computer I will buy there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comp-USA/Oklahoma/Comp-USA-worthless-warranty-4922. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comp USA