Complaint Review: Comp USA/HRS USA

• Submitted: Wed, February 06, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, February 06, 2002

• Reported By:W. Bridgewater MA
Comp USA/HRS USA
PO. Bo x 17298 Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

HRS/CompUSA bait and switch on No Interest Offer RIPOFF!

I found a 6 month same as cash ad in the paper for CompUSA and bought a $2000 computer system. We filled out the application to HRS for the same as cash loan at the store. I left feeling happy that I avoided having to put out the cash up front and would not have to pay interest on the purchase.

After a few of months paying the minimum amount on the HRS bill, I was coming up on the end of the 6 months same as cash period. So I pulled out all the bills to figure out how much I needed to pay to avoid the interest. What I found was that HRS was charging me interest from the beginning! The interest rate is an exorbitant 19.3%!

I called HRS to straighten this out and they claimed that there was no same as cash offer at the time I purchased my system. The store also claims the same thing. Who saves store fliers when they buy anything! I had nothing to support my claim other that I have credit cards with single digit interest rates so why would I be so stupid to pay 20%. They bounced me around to three different people and the bottom line was they refused to remit the interest.

I have had a 0% interest credit card pay off this loan but not without having lost over $150 to this no interest bait and switch rip off.

I will never again purchase anything from any CompUSA nor will I shop at any store that offers credit through HRS. This is one of the first things I ask now before even shopping at stores.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comp-USAHRS-USA/Baltimore-Maryland-21297/HRSCompUSA-bait-and-switch-on-No-Interest-Offer-RIPOFF-13429. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comp USA/HRS USA