Complaint Review: CompUSA - Comp USA

• Submitted: Fri, January 04, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, January 04, 2008

• Reported By:Keller Texas
CompUSA - Comp USA
www.compusa.com Hurst, Texas U.S.A.

Comp USA Not honoring a warranty CompUSA Hurst Texas

I bought a laptop computer and bought the 3 yr extended warranty. I started having problems with the computer and I noticed that I only had one month of extended warranty left. I took it to the CompUSA store, where I bought it. They were going out of business and closing in 90 days. They refused to take my computer in for repairs. I called the corporate office and they said they should take in my computer. So I made another trip over there to leave the computer.

I received a phone call saying my computer was out of warranty. I told them that was not true, I had the receipt to prove it. Right after I bought the laptop, it went on sale. I took the computer back in for a price adjustment. They made me return the laptop and purchase it again. The new receipt had the purchase date of the computer and the extended warranty. The problem was they told me that when I took the computer back into the store right after I bought it, even though the purchase date changed the warranty date stayed the same.

I said..How would I know that. I didn't remembe the dates 3 years later. All I had was the receipt with one date with the computer and warranty under the same date. I said, why didn't you keep the original receipt showing the warranty started that date and put it with the new receipt showing the date of the computer. They refused to fix my computer as they said the warranty expired the month before.

I argued that the only thing I had to go by was the one receipt I had, showing my warranty didn't expire until the date on the receipt. I think their system stunk, like someone would remember a receipt that was voided and how would one remember 3 years later that the warranty started when I first bought the computer. If they would have just done a price adjustment, then they would have a right to stand their ground, but they didn't do that.

They made me return the computer, voided out the first receipt, and gave me a new receipt which said, original purchase date, and listed the computer AND the warranty. They shouldn't have put the warranty on a receipt that says original purchase date, and then not honor it.

I even went to the corportate level and still didn't get any satisfaction. I believe all the CompUSA stores have gone out of business in Texas. I don't know if they are still in other states. After being a loyal customer, buying over 6 computers from them, not to mention all the suppies.

It would have been a drop in the bucket for them to fix my computer. What ever happen to customer service and doing the right thing. Guess those days are gone. So, remember, you can't even trust the receipt they gave you.

Kathy
Keller, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2008 03:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CompUSA-Comp-USA/Hurst-Texas/Comp-USA-Not-honoring-a-warranty-CompUSA-Hurst-Texas-296892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CompUSA - Comp USA