Complaint Review: CompUSA

• Submitted: Thu, April 22, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, April 22, 2004

• Reported By:St. Paul Minnesota
CompUSA
2480 Fairview Avenue, Roseville, Minnesota U.S.A.

CompUSA ripoff. Paid $2,632.15 for Toshiba laptop; MS Office Small Business; Headphones & DragonNaturally speaking and had software installed. Voice recognition failed. Roseville Minnesota

I have MS and use voice recognition because I can no longer type my progress notes or reports. I am a licensed psychologist in private practice and I have been using voice recognition software (Dragon Dictate) for over 15 years.

I purchased the products 04/12/04. The voice recognition was not working so I brought my laptop in tonight (04/22/04) as instructed by technical support at CompUSA earlier today and was told there should not be a problem. However and after arriving I was questioned and did not feel understood by the Tech who eventually informed me that he was too busy to help and asked if I would leave it with him overnight.

When I asked him when I could pick it up the following day he was evasive and finally said he would not get to it for three days. I decided not to leave the computer because and as I explained to him I am flying East for a few days next week. He than informed me that if I wanted to pay an extra $27.97 he could look at it within a 24 hour time period.

I paid the money, thought about it for a minute and then asked to speak to a manager and spoke with "Jeremy". Who, "to make a long story short" said thats' what it cost and there is nothing I can do. Because I had CompUSA install the software and because I had confided with a salesman prior to purchasing I feel disrespected, unheard and treated as though "this is business as usual for CompUSA"

I realize that $27.00 isn't a lot of money, but after spending so much money for them to do it right" And its wrong. Should I pay more for them to do what should have been done initially? I feel disrespected and "ripped off".

Nathaniel
St. Paul, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2004 07:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CompUSA/Roseville-Minnesota-55113/CompUSA-ripoff-Paid-263215-for-Toshiba-laptop-MS-Office-Small-Business-Headphones--88641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CompUSA