Complaint Review: CompUsa

• Submitted: Sun, February 17, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, February 17, 2008

• Reported By:Reno Nevada
6407 S Virginia St Reno, Nevada U.S.A.

CompUsa How they sold me an $83 dollar empty box!! Reno Nevada

On 2/26/2008 I went to the local CompUsa store to see what kind of deals I could find. I found a 160GB harddrive for my laptop that was 40% off. I thought I had found a bargain. I paid for my item and went home to start installing my new hard drive.

I opened the box, which was sealed, and noticed there was not any of the associated paperwork that is usally crammed into the box. I opened the eggshell carton holding the drive and found a cut open plastic sleeve not containing the drive! I grabbed my receipt and went back to CompUsa.

Once I got to CompUsa I talked with Dave Disque a consultant with Gordon Brothers Group. He told me there was nothing I could do. He thought I was trying to rip them off! He said it does say AS IS on the box and that it was my fault for not checking the contents of the box. I told him the box was sealed and that I had no reason to think the box would not contain the drive. He said it (the box) feels kinda light, didn't you know something was not inside. I explained to him I am an IT Professional and that notebook harddrives are usually very light and that I didn't think anything of it.

He basically told me there was nothing he would do. I told him "So I basically bought an $83 empty box from you" He said "Yes".

I have contacted the better business buerau and I am filing an incident report with the Reno Police Department for fraud.

CompUsa has great deals on empty boxes, be sure to run down and get one!

Reno, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2008 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CompUsa/Reno-Nevada-89511/CompUsa-How-they-sold-me-an-83-dollar-empty-box-Reno-Nevada-309620. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CompUsa