Complaint Review: Compact Appliance

• Submitted: Tue, April 28, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, April 28, 2009

• Reported By:Jacksonville Florida
Compact Appliance
PO Box 81336 Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Compact Appliance edgestar Service AP14000 A/C broken Austin Texas

I purchased the 14000btu air conditioner a little over a year ago it broke soon after having it and edgestar sent me a new one free of charge. The new usit i got blower fan broke. A simple plastic blower keeping me from being cool. I understand things happen but what i'm not pleased about is this. I called 3 weeks ago and was told i should expect a replacement fan within the next week. Never got it. I just got off the phone with edgestar and was told their was no order ever placed for fan. SO i was lied to. The guy on the phone also told me they do not expect these fans to be in their warehouse till mid may, so thats another 4 weeks. I can ship it back and my expense and pay for labor, but i probably be more economical just to buy a new one. I've got the unit apart in my living room waiting for new fan and have been getting the run around. I am going to try and glue it together and see if that works.

Xzchaos
Jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2009 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Compact-Appliance/Austin-Texas-78708-1336/Compact-Appliance-edgestar-Service-AP14000-AC-broken-Austin-Texas-447099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Compact Appliance