• Report: #202139

• Submitted: Thu, July 20, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, July 20, 2006

• Reported By:new york New York
CompactAppliance.com
11525-B Stonehollow Dr Ste.250 Austin, Texas U.S.A.

CompactAppliance.com Edgestar Appliances Appliances same company same Shady Business Practices Austin Texas

Ok. sounds like CompactAppliance has a history of dubious business tactics and are at it again. Here's the deal. My daughter bought an Edgestar Portable A/C from CompactAppliance.com for college which arrived late and malfunctioning.

The A/C would shut down every 5 mins regardless of setting or temperature. We called Edgetar trying to get some quick fix tips but never ever heard the voice of a live person even after 4 calls. At that point, I decided that we would not waste more of our time and contacted CompactAppliance to ask for our money back.

I was told that because it is a defect issue, we would need to deal with Edgestar on it as they are they only sell the product. Naturally, I got really upset by this. I've paid them good money for absolutely nothing and a fine waste of my time.

I had my son do some digging online and found that Edgestar and CompactAppliance are one and the same company (RVI Ventures or something).

So this apparent attempt to act like a very different manufacturer and distributor is a nice little sales ploy. So much for trusting the reviews on their website about how highly rated Edgestar appliances are and how "customers" (who are probably employees) love their purchaes.That whole run around that CompactAppliance gives customers, saying in a very serious tone that we "need to contact the manufacturer about this matter" is a joke. How about you pass the phone to the guy next to you, he probably handles Edgestar inquires. What a complete scam. Not illegal, mind you, just very very shady.

If I don't get a response in 2 days I will initiate a chargeback on my credit card and they can drive from Texas to Manhattan and get the unit themselves. I hope everyone learns from this and takes the necessary actions against these people.

G
new york, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2006 04:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CompactAppliancecom/Austin-Texas-78758/CompactAppliancecom-Edgestar-Appliances-Appliances-same-company-same-Shady-Business-Pract-202139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CompactAppliance.com