Complaint Review: Companions and Homemakers

• Submitted: Tue, June 07, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, October 07, 2011

• Reported By: Bill m — Hartford Connecticut U.S.A.
Companions and Homemakers
Farmington Avenue Farmington, Connecticut United States of America

Companions and Homemakers Linda Johnson, owner HORRIBLE CAREGIVERS, FRAUDULENT BILLING, STEALS FROM CLIENTS!! Farmington, Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: Couldn't be Further from the Truth

Mom and Dad had several caregivers from this company who were illegal, stole from us and to make matters worse, the billing office repeatedly over-billed, despite numerous calls from us that the caregivers were no longer working for us!  My parents lost money and valuables in their home, the house was filthy every time I went there and because of their lack of care my Dad is now back in the hospital in a worse situation because they didn't make sure he ate or took his meds!

My wife and I gave them several chances, I do not believe they screen or train their people and the last one we had stole over $1,000 from the house and some of my mother's antique jewelry.  I intend to speak with my lawyer about pressing charges against them. From others I have talked to now I find out no one else I know had a good experience with them either!  Talking with Linda is a disaster, she's a complete idiot - the only thing worse than talking with the owner is her poor quality office staff.  VERY UNPROFESSIONAL OPERATION and horrible caregivers....RUN, don't walk away from this company!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2011 02:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Companions-and-Homemakers/Farmington-Connecticut-/Companions-and-Homemakers-Linda-Johnson-owner-HORRIBLE-CAREGIVERS-FRAUDULENT-BILLING-ST-737683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Companions and Homemakers

Couldn't be Further from the Truth

AUTHOR: Chip - (United States of America)

I am not associated with Companions and Homemakers in any way other than being a very satisfied customer.

We have been using Companions and Homemakers for over a year now.  We have found them to be extremely helpful, patient, trustworthy and kind.  If we have any questions, we simply pick up the phone and call the main office.

We have had no issues of theft.  They have done everything we have asked and have gone above and beyond in their job performance.  My 86 year old mother absolutely adores her caregivers and they make sure she is safe, healthy, clean and that her living space is the same.

I wholehearted recommend Companions and Homemakers.