Complaint Review: Compass Bank

• Submitted: Mon, May 12, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, May 12, 2008

• Reported By:Deming New Mexico
Compass Bank
411 Cody Rd Deming, New Mexico U.S.A.

Compass Bank; PC Banking Appears to be jsut anohter internet scam Deming New Mexico

Compass bank sent me via US Postal services a flyer advertising PC banking services. I went through their on-line application process only to discover that i could never log on to complete the application in spite of their emails confirming my application with ID information to complete the process. I then visited their local branch office and the service rep there called the home office support center. Then I was handed the phone.. a surly service rep proceeded to tell me I had no problem and then she went into a very insulting commentary suggesting I was an idiot. But I persisted and she rendered an account number to be used to get on line. yet the information provided, which includes log on ID and password and account number are useless as on line access is denied, rendering my account non-accessible.. thus also useless.

In the interim, Compass had already debited a checking account from another financial institution to set up the account so today I have an account with Compass that was properly set up with a $25 deposit via electronic transfer payment, yet I cannot log in to the account, receiving error messages stating my account has been locked out. Repeated attempts to get this problem resolved (via their Customer services number and via email) have not effected a solution.

My next step.. and recommended for all those posting complaints here... is to file a complaint with FDIC.. the on line complaint address is:

I think all offended/shafted by Compass' failure to provide the services subscribed to should file a complaint with FDIC. I found in the past with other FDIC member banks that this was the only effective means to get them to move on a complaint.

Ronin
Deming, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2008 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Compass-Bank/Deming-New-Mexico-88030/Compass-Bank-PC-Banking-Appears-to-be-jsut-anohter-internet-scam-Deming-New-Mexico-332148. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Compass Bank