Complaint Review: Compass Bank

• Submitted: Mon, June 30, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 01, 2008

• Reported By:Tucson Arizona
Compass Bank
1420 Independence Parkway Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 972-705-4402
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Compass Bank Car Paid Off By Disability Insurance, but I was reported as charge-off anyhow Plano Texas Nationwide

*Author of original report: Compass Bank Car Paid Off By Disability Insurance, my car was reposessed and I was reported as charge-off anyhow Plano Texas Nationwide

When I purchased my car, I also purchased disability insurance. I became disabled and payments were being made by the insurance company. My doctor then decided that I would be permanently disabled about a year after the insurance company started making my payments. During the process of getting the insurance company to pay off my car, it was reposessed. It was in storage for SIX MONTHS, 4 of which were AFETR the car was paid off. They altered my car and expected me to pay for the alterations. (They were preparing it to be sold!) After I finally got the car paid off, they changed the numbers on the title so I had to keep going back to Motor Vehicle to have the lein removed. I had to take them to court to get them to release my car, as they wanted to charge me for the storage fees. After all this the court decided that they shoudl release my car and no one should owe anyone any money. Now I am looking at my credit report and I see that after it was paid off, they put my status as a charge-off. Since I just discovered this today, I have no idea how long it will take to get this removed. I kept a journal of all of this while it was happening so I have any information that is needed to discuss this further.

Jennifer
Tucson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2008 08:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Compass-Bank/nationwide/Compass-Bank-Car-Paid-Off-By-Disability-Insurance-but-I-was-reported-as-charge-off-anyhow-346127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Compass Bank

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

During the process of getting the insurance company to pay off my car, it was reposessed. It was in storage for SIX MONTHS, 4 of which were AFTER the car was paid off. They altered my car and expected me to pay for the alterations. (They were preparing it to be sold!)

After I finally got the car paid off, they changed the numbers on the title so I had to keep going back to Motor Vehicle to have the lein removed. I had to take them to court to get them to release my car (even though I had the title and it was clear), as they wanted to charge me for the storage fees.

After all this the court decided that they should release my car and no one should owe anyone any money. Now I am looking at my credit report and I see that after it was paid off, they put my status as a charge-off. Since I just discovered this today, I have no idea how long it will take to get this removed. I kept a journal of all of this while it was happening so I have any information that is needed to discuss this further.