Complaint Review: Compass Bank

• Submitted: Tue, January 20, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, January 20, 2009

• Reported By:Hoover Alabama
Compass Bank
198 Greensprings Hwy Nationwide U.S.A.

Compass Bank Compass credited overdraft fees,but held my payroll check and charged 7$ per day for 30 days Homewood, Alabama

Compass Bank, Homewood Al. held my payroll check without telling me, but allowed me to use my debit card for two transactions, and charged me 38.00 OD for each transaction. I contacted Customer Service, they agreed with me and stated I should have been told that deposit was held, therefore credited back the 76.00 charged to my account. I assumed everything was taken care of.

Therefore I withdrew my monies from this bank, leaving a small amount, but Compass goes and then charges me 7.00$ per day for 30 days for the account being OD even though they credited the OD. Then they turn the account over to telecheck telling me there was nothing they could do. The customer service manager told me today that if I would have come in couple of months ago she may could have helped but since given to telecheck there was nothing that she could do.

Telecheck tells me that according to them Compass reports that I have a overdraft, and they have to collect 247.92, furthermore I did not know this till during the holidays I tried to write a check to Wal-mart and was instructed to contact Telecheck.

I had received statements from Compass but did not open, which I understand is my fault, but to be honest, I had never written a check at this bank, only made deposits and occasionally used my debit card, reason being I had been warned how unfair this bank was and is.
Charging a customer 7.00$ per day for 30 days for an overdraft is beyound robbery, it is plain Stealing, even more to credit you for the OD and telling you they apologize and appreciate your busy! I guess they do, I could not live with my self if I treated my customers this way.

Please someone help me with this, this is so why many Americans today have credit problems is because, banks and credit card companies can treat there customers and charge them what they want. Maybe Obama can help, I certainly hope someone can or Will!

Hoover, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2009 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Compass-Bank/nationwide/Compass-Bank-Compass-credited-overdraft-feesbut-held-my-payroll-check-and-charged-7-per-414061. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Compass Bank