Complaint Review: Complete Investigation Service, CIS Worldwide, CIS Nationwide, Government Registry

• Submitted: Wed, December 09, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, December 09, 2009

• Reported By: upset — somerville Maine United States of America

Complete Investigation Service, CIS Worldwide, CIS Nationwide, Government Registry INVESTIGATE YOUR OWN NAME! IT's a scam Internet

It nickles and dimes you to death.  Checked my own name out and my report came back that I comitted 19 thiefs, 2 sexual assaults, 5 drug charges, 14 traffic violiations, 3 criminal records, etc, etc.  When I went to get these individual reports they wanted me to pay 10 or more per report.  Of course when i clicked on them I was told  there were no records on me.  THis was a tease to get you to spend money.  I have never done anything illegal in my life, so this is upsetting.  When I complained the company sent me a form letter saying I could have my name OPTED OUT:

You may request to opt-out if one of these conditions exists: 1. You are a state, local or federal law enforcement officer or public official and your position exposes you to a threat of death or serious bodily harm; 2. you are a victim of identity theft; 3. you are at risk of physical harm.

To opt-out please submit the following information:

1) A written explanation for the opt out request

2) Copy of your current drivers license or state identification (this information is necessary in order for us to authenticate that the request is being made by the individual to whom the information belongs to.)

2) All requests must include:

- Full name and date of birth

- Aliases, if any

- Current address

- Previous addresses

- Phone

- Email address

2) Specific details of the records you are requesting to be removed

3) Include a print out of the records you wish to have suppressed.

4) Copies of any applicable court orders, if any.

Please be sure to include the vendor name from which you want your information suppressed.

You may request to opt-out by submitting your information to the following fax number:

Opt Out Compliance Department: 1-888-446-1229

You may also  submit your request in writing by mailing us a letter to the following address:

Opt Out Compliance Department

CIS Nationwide

P.O. Box 1452

Boston, MA 02117

Note  and Disclaimer: We will use good faith efforts to help prevent your non-public records from being distributed. However, we cannot provide any assurance that information that is public record, such as court, property, marriage records, etc., for example, will be withheld. Once records are blocked or removed, we do not guarantee the information will not be available again in the future from other sources or our site. CIS Nationwide obtains data from multiple sources and opting out of publicly available data may not affect the availability of records to government entities, law enforcement, the business community, or for other legally permissible purposes. In addition, we have no control over records provided by third party vendors.

Public records are generated every day, by millions of Americans as they live their lives. Every time someone sells a home, lists their phone number, registers to vote, or opens up a new business they are creating a public record which is then stored in any number of ways- at the county recorders office, the county auditor, phone directories, or at the secretary of states office. All of these records may be found on the Internet. Public records are just that: public. That means that things like liens, deeds, court files, and marriage records are (and have always been) accessible to the public at large.To permanently have your records sealed, you will need to contact your countys records department.

This is clearly stated in our Terms and Conditions page which can be accessed from: http://www.cisnationwide.com/terms.html

Please refer to our FAQ page if you have any additional questions:

Sincerely,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2009 02:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Complete-Investigation-Service-CIS-Worldwide-CIS-Nationwide-Government-Registry/internet/Complete-Investigation-Service-CIS-Worldwide-CIS-Nationwide-Government-Registry-INVEST-536652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Complete Investigation Service, CIS Worldwide, CIS Nationwide, Government Registry