Complaint Review: Compu-America

• Submitted: Wed, July 27, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, July 27, 2005

• Reported By:Seoul Asia
Compu-America
5741 Buckingham Pkwy Suite A Culver City, California U.S.A.

Compu-America ripoff dishonest fraudulent illegal unlawful crooks rude requires severe punishment Culver City California

I ordered an item from Compu-America in beginning of Feb. When ordering, I specifically made it clear that I wanted a BRAND NEW item. They promised me this was what I would get. I finally received the item 20 days later only after much badgering, urging, bickering, & pleading on my part. The product I received was USED. Since this was not what I ordered, I contacted Compu-America and told them I would send it back. They said O.K. and promised me a full refund.

However, they only sent me $220.00 out of the $401.31 I originally paid. Their excuse was a 20% restocking fee. Basically, the reason I sent this item back was because it was something I did not order. I did not send it back due to a change of heart nor was it a defective item. I plainly sent it back because I had spent my hard-earned money on something I specifically told them NOT to send. Why does a restocking fee apply in my case? Not only that, they said it was a 20% restocking fee. Where is the rest of my money? Clearly the amount in question surpasses a 20% restocking fee!

These people are CROOKS! I have tried everything to get my money back but these crooks just keep avoiding me. I either want my money back or I want to see them go out of business or even to jail. No, I DEMAND justice and want to see them behind BARS. These people are in direct violation of Civil Code Section 1770.(a)(6) as well as the Business and Professions Code Section 17500. Please! I implore you! Help me expose these crooks to every single organization imaginable. No, to every single individual possible.

I am fully aware of the fact that the Bad Business Bureau & Rip-off Report are extremely resourceful & efficient when doing the right thing by exposing crooks. Again, please help me by doing what you do best. Please contact and notify anybody you can and warn them against doing business with Compu-America. If anything, I would really love to see these people go to jail.

Seungjin
Seoul
Korea, Republic of

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2005 06:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Compu-America/Culver-City-California-90230/Compu-America-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-illegal-unlawful-crooks-rude-requires-severe-pun-151405. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Compu-America