Complaint Review: Compu-America

• Submitted: Sat, June 09, 2001
  • Updated: Sat, June 09, 2001

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Compu-America
10435 Santa Monica Blvd. Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Compu-America Order Complaint Not Taken Seriously LEMON computer

Subject: Complaint Not Taken Seriously LEMON Compu-America Order #16573 Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 09:49:52 -0500

PLEASE PASS TO THE PRESIDENT/GM OF COMPU-AMERICA

I did not receive a receipt response; therefore, I have updated and am resending this message. This time, I have included other addressees who may have an interest.

Wayne Sturdevant

Cc: sturdevantassoc@ev1.com; sturde1@ev1.net
Subject: RE: Compu-America Order #16573 COMPLAINT
Importance: High

RE: Compu-America Order #16573 COMPLAINT
PLEASE PASS TO CEO & OPERATIONS MANAGER.

I have had my Sony Vaio Notebook for two months. Please be advised that my laptop is dying a slow death.

First, the screen is darker on the bottom half.
Second, the hard drive noise is distracting to deafening.
and Third, several of the keys on my keyboard stopped working (fortunately, my external keyboard works fine.)

I have hooked up with Sony and they have sent me a box in which to send them my laptop. Under warranty I hope. Sony verified that it was a hardware problem. [I am FedEx'ing it out on Monday, 11 Jun 2001]

I am bothered that I cannot run my company for 7-10 days while the computer is in California. I don't have a backup machine that I can shift the programs to and operate in the interim. Naturally, I have backed up all the data.

While I am at it, I am not pleased with the ordering process where my order, as you may review, was forgotten, overlooked, delayed, sold out from under me...and then a computer was miraculously found and fedex'd to me.

Now, I suspect it must have been some machine on the bench that was sent just to placate me...knowing full well that it would further break down once I got it. A True Lemon!

Bottom line is that I got junk from you and now I am the suffering party. I have read and noted that you have plenty of legal rules that protect you, but I am attacking the moral aspect.

You will find that there is no signature of me receiving the machine in good condition. It wasn't.

I believe that at least a partial refund would be in order. This has been my first bad experience with e-commerce. And it has been a doozy. As I reviewed RipOffReport.com, I found another report... with the same named person handling a similar problem. Worthy of your investigation.

Should I not hear from you, I will turn the matter over to the BBB and any other agency I can contact and share my experience with them.

I am a very unhappy customer who has been "holding it in" until the last straw: when the keyboard decided to have a stroke and partially die.

Wayne Sturdevant
President and CEO
Sturdevant Associates
sturdevantassoc@ev1.net

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Compu-America/Los-Angeles-California-90025/Compu-America-Order-Complaint-Not-Taken-Seriously-LEMON-computer-5384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Compu-America