Complaint Review: Compu-America

• Submitted: Tue, May 22, 2001
  • Updated: Tue, May 22, 2001

• Reported By:Baldwin Harbor NY
Compu-America
Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Ordered a printer from Compu-America, took my money and never delivered

I ordered a Laserjet printer from Compu-America on 5/14/01 at the cost of $1235.00 I used a VISA debit card and the transaction was posted on 5/16. I was told the printer would be delivered by 5/18. 5/18/01 came and went - I called the company and left voicemail for "arlene". She of course never called back.

I called again on Monday, 5/21. I was left on hold once. The second time she told me there were special circumstances and she had to wait for her manager and she would call me back. She didn't.

So, I sent e-mail (as their website suggested) twice to the shipping department. No response.

I called again on Tuesday 5/22 and was left on hold. I called back and demanded to speak to a manager. Wham, Arlene got on the line and proceeded to tell me that my printer was supposed to be shipped today, but she didn't know what happened. (their advertisement guarantees shipping to be there when promised). At that point, I cancelled.
Hopefully, I'll see a credit to my account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Compu-America/Los-Angeles-California/Ordered-a-printer-from-Compu-America-took-my-money-and-never-delivered-5221. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Compu-America