Complaint Review: Compu-America

• Submitted: Mon, December 24, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 24, 2012

• Reported By: Greg — Portland Oregon United States of America
Compu-America

Compu-America Compu-America.com deceptive promises about shipping and tracking , Internet

Ordered two APC Interactive UPS's [SUA-1500]
Units were refurbished.

Order placed before noon pacific time Dec 13 [Company claims to be in CA, so should easily be able to ship today.]

After a few back and forth issues, the order was verified and in "processing" by 2.00p 12/13

Late on the 17th, I inquired about shipping.
Was told "We processed your order and will be ship tomorrow" Nikki [Sales mgr]

"Ugh!" I figured it would ship the 13 [Thurs], perhaps the 14[Fri]! But not even Monday the 17th!
When I didn't get tracking numbers on the 18, I inquired on the 19th.

But now the story has changed."both units have been processed . tracking number will available after 24
hours." Nikki again [Sales mgr]

What!? I call. I'm given the sob story. They were shipping from another location. I can't find the tracking numbers. They had to ship together. [Like shipping together is for my benefit!]

But I don't get tracking numbers on the 20th either.

I inquire on the 21st and get ONE tracking number.

After the package hits UPS, you can see the weight isn't reasonable for two UPS's - but only one.

Dec 24, I inquire after the second UPS.
Oh, and I find out it didn't ship until today.
Well, actually it hasn't even really shipped yet - there's a UPS label for it, but it's certainly not on the truck.

So, 5 business days to ship one unit, and 8 business days to even print the label for the second unit.

Never mind they've been holding my money for the last 10 days.

The company lies their pants off. They don't deliver what they promise and make excuses. Beware.

[And I don't even have the product yet. I'm worried about what a nightmare that might be.]

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2012 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Compu-America/internet/Compu-America-Compu-Americacom-deceptive-promises-about-shipping-and-tracking-Internet-986567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Compu-America