Complaint Review: CompuCredit

• Submitted: Tue, June 19, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, April 27, 2009

• Reported By:West Palm Beach Florida
CompuCredit
2405 Commerce Ave Ste 300 Duluth, Georgia U.S.A.

CompuCredit, First Bank Of Delaware, Imagine Gold Card FRAUDULENT SERVICES, DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH, LIE, CHEAT, STEAL, ABOUT TO SUE! RIPOFF Duluth Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: I have information to help this person

*Consumer Suggestion: I have information to help this person

Here's what I sent to the BBB (After the astericks, I'm adding new info):
I applied for an Imagine Gold card on April 12, 2007. I printed an acceptance letter, stating that I was approved for a $300 line of credit & would receive my card shortly. I supplied my bank information to them to deduct a $4.95 fee from my bank account. It's been almost 3 months, & I have not received anything. Ive called numerous times & spoken to multiple people who have no idea what is going on, or are absolutely unable to help me. At the time of writing this, I am on hold again, & have been speaking to a man who cant help me, & keeps attempting to transfer me. At one point, he thought I was a manager, & began telling my issues BACK TO ME! He's come up with about 5 reasons why my card hasn't arrived yet, all false. I keep telling him that I need to speak to someone who can help me, & he has constantly put me on hold, over & over again. He then came back & said I wasn't approved, & I read him the approval statement, & told him that theyd already taken my bank account info. He's now put me on hold again (its been 1 hour). It's a perfect example of what I've been dealing with. For 3 months, I keep being told to call back in 7-10 days, & then can help me then. The last time I spoke to them, I was hung up on after being told that 60 days hasn't passed yet, & there's nothing they can do. I am absolutely appalled at the fact that this company has my banking information, which they have admitted to me they've "misplaced", along with my social security number. I do not get a response any time I call First Bank of Delaware, or CompuCredit. Ive also noticed some strange credit checks on my credit report, & it's from this company. It knocks down your rating if an inquiry is made over & over again. To sum up my issue, Ive waited 3 months for a credit card from a company that is as far as I'm concerned, fraudulent. I will not hesitate to further push this issue, until I can get a satisfactory resolution. ****************************************

I just got transferred to "Andrew",a manager. I guess the guy I was talking to got sick of me. This is insane. The man I spoke to before gave me 8 different explanations for what's going on, all of which I argued with, and then he told me I was right, and that those weren't the answers. He also (I'd love to know how he did this!!!!) told me about another credit card that just got mailed out to me on 6/13... The manager told me that there's no way he would have that info!!!!! This company is absolutely horrible. 13 different calls to them, and they cannot give me a good explanation! I also RECEIVED A LETTER from them stating that the reason I didn't receive the card was because I already had one. THAT'S NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!! I reported this to the BBB, and now I'm reporting it here. It scares the **** out of me that they have my social (which the guy I spoke to asked for 4 different times), and my banking info. SO WRONG, and about to take legal action.

Elizabeth
West Palm Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2007 03:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CompuCredit/Duluth-Georgia-30096/CompuCredit-First-Bank-Of-Delaware-Imagine-Gold-Card-FRAUDULENT-SERVICES-DONT-SPEAK-EN-1032362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CompuCredit

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I have information to help this person

AUTHOR: Cj - (U.S.A.)

If you want other avenues to get futher, I spent all weekend resarching this. I can help you.

#2 Consumer Suggestion