Complaint Review: CompuMax LLC

• Updated: Sat, March 01, 2014

• Reported By: Michele — Lake Forest California
CompuMax LLC
1209A Chapin Rd Chapin, South Carolina United States of America

CompuMax LLC eBay Seller aqueousaviator Sold me iphone that was later reported stolen Chapin, South Carolina

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: False Accusations from eBay Buyer

Don't shop at this store!! I bought a used iphone (through their eBay store) that was LATER reported stolen.

At first the owner tried to ignore the emails I sent through eBay.  When I let him know that I knew his name, his physical store name and address, and that I was planning to report it to the proper authorities, he finally responded.

Instead of replacing the phone or refunding my money, the owner said the phone EIN did not match any phone he had ever carried or sold, and accused my of trying to scam him, which was not true. He said I must have damaged the phone he sold to me, then bought a stolen phone so I could claim it was the phone he sold to me and then ask for a refund or replacement.  I could prove it WAS the exact phone he sold to me.

Best Case Scenario - he accidentally bought and resold a phone that was later reported stolen, has inaccurate record-keeping practices, and doesn't stand behind his products.  Worst case - he knowingly committed fraud. Either way, I paid him $339.95 for a phone that can't be used.

Check his eBay Feedback (aqueousaviator) - A couple weeks after I bought the iphone, he sold another phone that could not be activated, and he would not help that customer either!

My guess? It will happen again. The owner is not an honorable businessman!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2013 06:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CompuMax-LLC/Chapin-South-Carolina-29036/CompuMax-LLC-eBay-Seller-aqueousaviator-Sold-me-iphone-that-was-later-reported-stolen-Chap-1038925. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CompuMax LLC

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

False Accusations from eBay Buyer

AUTHOR: Richard - ()

This person has filed an ebay claim and lost.   Any one who knows how ebay works knows that the buyer virtually always wins a claim.   SHE LOST hers because she tried returning a phone that had a non matching serial number over the 60 day return limit set by ebay.   Threatening to ruin our business reputation as a result of the unrelated ebay transaction is reprehensible.   Compumax, LLC is a local business in Chapin, SC.   This person is somewhere in California.    Our customers know they can always count on us for help whenever they need it.   It's too bad that the internet doesn't have a way to filter out this kind of unrelated trash.