Complaint Review: Compucredit, Fingerhut, Axsys National Bank

• Submitted: Sun, April 17, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, April 17, 2005

• Reported By:Mobile Alabama
Compucredit, Fingerhut, Axsys National Bank
P.O. Box 7999 St. Cloud, Minnesota U.S.A.

Compucredit, Fingerhut, Axsys National Bank ripoff, paid of still sends to collection agencys St. Cloud Minnesota

Where do I start, my ex-talked me into purchasing from them. Then I ended up having to pay them off, I was sent a letter from the Law offices of Mitchell N. Kay, stating that it was in collections,I told them I already paid it off.

They said I owed another $154.00 so I said whatever it takes to get rid of them, I paid the money, have the cleared check, and a letter dated 2-6-2004 from the law office of Mitchel N. Kay stating that upon clearance of the check the debt is concidered paid on full.

Since then I have received two letters from collection agencies trying to collect a past due amount. the frist one they looked it up and said I owed $0.00 because I had proof of the payment. If so why did you send me the letter in the first place, were you assuming I forgot I paid and was going to pay you for the third time.

Now I received another letter from a different company stating that I owe Fingerhut/Axsys/Compucredit or whoever they are. Well this time I want a letter from them and an apology for the time and effort I have to put into proving to them about every 6 months or so that they have been paid. I will be contacting the BBB in my area and the local D.A.
This must stop.

Mobile, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2005 06:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Compucredit-Fingerhut-Axsys-National-Bank/St-Cloud-Minnesota-56302/Compucredit-Fingerhut-Axsys-National-Bank-ripoff-paid-of-still-sends-to-collection-agen-139180. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Compucredit, Fingerhut, Axsys National Bank