Complaint Review: Compusa

• Updated: Fri, January 18, 2013

• Reported By: Jennifer — Fort Lauderdale Florida United States of America
Compusa
11 Harbor Park Drive Port Washington, New York United States of America

Compusa Systemax warranty not honored, never buy from Compusa or Tiger Direct! Port Washington, New York

*UPDATE Employee: Dear Customer

I purchased a 2 year warranty from Compusa in 2011 for $317 and now am having a problem with the computer. I called to make a claim and get the computer fixed (I'm within the warranty period). Compusa is now Tiger Direct. They told me that another company is handling the warranties and I need to contact them. I did and they said they only took over in late 2011 so I had to call a different company about it - Systemax, parent company of Tiger Direct.

Despite having the warranty invoice and purchase receipt in front of me, they claimed they had no record of me. I emailed them copies of the documents and have been completely blown off. Meanwhile, broken computer and warranty expiring in 3 wks. Total scam! I told myself I'd never go back to compusa when I purchased a computer there in the late 90s but I did...big mistake. Steer clear of all Systemax owned companies!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2013 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Compusa/Port-Washington-New-York-11050/Compusa-Systemax-warranty-not-honored-never-buy-from-Compusa-or-Tiger-Direct-Port-Washin-998473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Compusa

Dear Customer

AUTHOR: Tiger direct pat - (U.S.A.)

We do apologize for the inconvenience; so that we may
provide you with assistance pertaining to your issue please contact us at customersatisfaction@help.tigerdirect.com  with your
order details. Once again we do apologize for the inconvenience in the matter
and hope this incident will not change your opinion of our company.