Complaint Review: Compusa

• Updated: Tue, November 04, 2008

• Reported By:kimberling Missouri
Compusa
compusa.com Internet U.S.A.

Compusa compusa.com took my money and gave me nothing Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Please contact us

*UPDATE Employee: Please contact us

I ordered regcure from paretologic you know that windows cleaner that is supposedly free and it scans you computer and finds 998 errors and when you click fix it it tells you you have to buy the program for $39.90 . well from compusa.com it was listed as being $18.99 and available for immediate download .I paid them thru paypal 10/18 /08 . I was not able to get any download email as they promised so I waited until the next day. I then contacted compusa.com and they have a phone number listed on their site and you can talk to real people but you need to have your order number .I called them and was told it takes 24 hours to receive your download it had only been 17 hours since I paid for the program . SO ...I waited 48 hours and called them again they said we are having problems with this company wait 2-3 hours and you will have your download instructions .I waited 5 hours then called again they said wait 2 hours you should have your download I said I am done waiting please cancel my order .They said fine paypal has not yet been charged so we will cancel the order . I paid paretologic.com the full $39.90 for the program and downloaded it. it works fine. then 10/22/08 I get an email from paypal and usa.com my paypal account has just been charged $18.99 for regcure !!! I called compusa.com 10/22 and was promised a full refund and given apologies. so far paypal does not show a credit for this at all. will keep fighting. don't trust compusa.com they take your money and promise to cancel order when you never even get the so called " immediate download"

Genia
kimberling, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2008 11:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Compusa/internet/Compusa-compusacom-took-my-money-and-gave-me-nothing-Internet-385851. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Compusa

Please contact us

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer:

We apologize for the delay. However, we understand you are due a refund due to the cancellation of your order, and we will ensure that it comes through. Please email me at alex@help.compusa.com with your order number and a link to your complaint on this page, and I will follow up on this issue to your satisfaction.

Sincerely,