Complaint Review: Compuserve - circuit City

• Submitted: Thu, April 22, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, April 22, 2004

• Reported By:san francisco California
Compuserve - circuit City
circuit city.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Compuserve - circuit City ripoff I purchased a computer from circuit city and unbeknowst to me they signed me up for an internet subscription with compuserve which I have never used San Francisco california

I purchased a computer from Circuit city and unknown to me they set me up with a internet service, Compuserve that I have never used and never wanted. The amount they had taken was about 400us dollars over a period of one and a half years. I noticed this when I saw it rather obscurely put on my bank statement. I contacted my bank and the compuserve fraud department and was told by both that a three month refund was to be given to me.
naturally they will keep 360us dollars of my money and the excuse given is that I should check my bank statement more closely.

This is a good point but does not excuse them for there misleading business practises which prey on the elderly and any other gullible people like myself. What can be done to stop this scam and how do I get my remainding money back.

san francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2004 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Compuserve-circuit-City/nationwide/Compuserve-circuit-City-ripoff-I-purchased-a-computer-from-circuit-city-and-unbeknowst-t-88576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Compuserve - circuit City