Complaint Review: Compuserve

• Reported By:Triadelphia WV
Compuserve
cs.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Compuserve dishonest fraudlent billing Columbus Ohio? Internet

I signed up for the free month of compuserve in Dec. 2001. In Jan 2002 I clicked on ad to get the combination compuserve / Aol service. When the software I requested did not come, I checked out to see what happened. I made several online sign ups.

When this didn't work, I began to correspond with the company. When I would check my bill, I could not access it because of some strange excuse that you cannot access the first month or along that line. When I finally checked out my credit card bill, I discovered they had been billing me per minute instead of the unlimited service I thought I had signed up for.

Obviously, if you think you have unlimited service and are being billed per minute you receive a very big bill, Several hundred dollars worth. The many e-mails and calls were to no avail. I finally put in a dispute with my credit card company.

Now Compusere is sending me nasty letters demanding payment of the outrageous charges. One cal only guess what their next step will be. Now I am concerned there may be a black mark on my credit report unless I pay up for something I do not owe.

Alice
Triadelphia, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2002 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Compuserve/nationwide/Compuserve-dishonest-fraudlent-billing-Columbus-Ohio-Internet-23171. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Compuserve