planet

Complaint Review: Computer Computer Store / Personalities Systems.aka/ VCStoreGeorge Capell D2TV & direct to you tv

• Submitted: Mon, April 02, 2001
  • Updated: Mon, April 02, 2001

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
P.O.Box 810 Plumsteadville, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Computer Computer Store / Personalities Systems.aka/ VCStore files bankruptcy, *CONSUMER ALERT owner George Capell is operating as D2TV and direct to you tv.

I am another victim,one of many thousands of this operation. We had seen his commercials for a long time and in fact it is reportedly the longest running informercial of its type.

We are in need of a new computer so we checked out the products which were being advertised. I thought I did my homework and thorougly checked out Micron and couldn't find any significant
problems.

I ordered a unit and all the extras for $1896.00 in early March 01. Several weeks later our local TV station WBRE ran a consumer alert on VCS .

The next day I tried unsuccessfully to cancel and found the attorney generals site from PA and saw where he had sued for just about every reason imaginable.

The next day Video Computer Store files bankruptcy. I began to
do more investigations on this company and have found complaints going back almost two years. The company is run by a man named George Capell who also apparently is involved with other companies D2TV and direct to you tv.

I have filed a complaint with the PA Att GEN and will be filing a claim with the PHIL BANK Court. I have also called the FBI today although they are not involved they are aware of the problem. What irks me so much is that this guy wasn't even registered in PA to do business, advertised Micron computers
and Micron did nothing to discourage them even though I have email from them stating they no longer do business with them because of lack of payment.

The fact that so many people dropped the ball on this ,I feel the govt should make restitution if VCS cannot. The more I look the more I see that the computer industry needs far more regulation than the used car market. There is just so much bait and switch, internal componants arent what they're supposed to be, they are not matched properly, there is little real
knowledgable help for tech support and the list goes on and on. What is worse there isn't any place to turn.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Computer-Computer-Store-Personalities-Systemsaka-VCStoreGeorge-Capell-D2TV-direct-to-you-tv/Plumsteadville-Pennsylvania-18949/Computer-Computer-Store-Personalities-Systemsaka-VCStore-files-bankruptcy-CONSUMER-4833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Computer Computer Store / Personalities Systems.aka/ VCStoreGeorge Capell D2TV & direct to you tv