cholesterol

• Updated: Sun, November 21, 2010

• Reported By: cc — Pasadena California United States of America
Computer Nerd
2677 33rd Street Santa Monica, California United States of America

Computer Nerd Steve Siegel Computer Services - MAC + PC Solutions Santa Monica, California

*Author of original report: Issue Resolved by Computer Nerd Steve Siegel

I purchased a used computer from Steve Siegel on Craigslist. It was a private sale but he calls his company Computer Nerd. He advertised a "Superfast" MacBook with upgrade, software and a "90-day Tech Support". He constantly referred to this sale as a business transaction (i.e. "covered under warranty", "providing only local drop off and pick up", "tech support", etc..). I paid $1,100. The computer worked for 1 hour and started crashing. I sent it back to him and he repaired it claiming it was a RAM problem and that he "replaced it for free". In my mind, I was purchasing a working computer....not a computer with bad memory. I expected him to repair for me and he did. Upon receiving this computer back, the computer again worked for 1 hour again and the screen blanked out. I sent another email to Steve and he responded with "sorry buddy, the sale is final and this is now your problem". From that moment he has ignored my emails for help. I finally took the computer into a certified Apple service center and they replaced a bad driver board (under warranty thankfully). However, they determined that the 3rd party RAM installed in this computer was BAD. The computer still does not work. i attempted to contact Steve again but he ignored my emails. I finally filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in CA. Surprisingly, he finally responded after he received this complaint from the bureau. His email response was rude, angry, full of threats and completely unprofessional. I politely responded and again asked him to please send me 4G RAM so that my computer would work. After all, I paid good money for a working computer. He shunned me and is now ignoring me again. I am left with no alternative but to report his behavior to public consumer advocates such as this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2010 08:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Computer-Nerd/Santa-Monica-California-90405/Computer-Nerd-Steve-Siegel-Computer-Services-MAC-PC-Solutions-Santa-Monica-California-641020. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Computer Nerd

Issue Resolved by Computer Nerd Steve Siegel

AUTHOR: cc - (United States of America)

After months of discussion, Steve Siegel at Computer Nerd finally resolved my computer problem. He recently sent me new RAM memory which I installed this weekend and the computer seems to be working fine now.

I now consider this case to be closed.