Complaint Review: Computer Satellite Broadband Service

• Updated: Thu, December 24, 2009

• Reported By: Pamela — Albion Indiana United States of America
Computer Satellite Broadband Service
14808 W. 13th Road Plymouth, Indiana United States of America

Computer Satellite Broadband Service Authorized Agent of Hughesnet Internet Service Modem Power Cord $421 Rip Off Plymouth, Indiana

My modem on my satellite internet connection was not working so I called Hughesnet to tell them I needed a new modem. They referred me to Computer Satellite Broadband Services for the repair. I spoke to the owner of the company "John" who quoted me a price on the phone for a new modem of $285 plus a $65 service charge. I ask him if it was something that I could do myself and he said no, so I made an appointment for the repairman to come on 12/21/09 at 8:00 A.M. The repairman came at 8:05 A.M. and said he thought it was the power cord to the modem. He replaced the cord, I asked him to check the speed on the computer due to it being slow. He did and went outside to check the connections. The connections were fine. We went upstairs to get the bill together and find out how much the power cord would be. He called "John" who told him he would call him back. It is now 8:20 A.M. The repairman called his son two times and his daughter one time and stepped outside to call his daughter again. He came back in called "John" again who quoted a price on the power cord of $110. The repairman said that was too much and said he would charge me $90. He said that the bill would be $90 for the cord, $65 for the service call and $260 for four hours labor for a total of $421. I told him that "John" did not tell me that there would be a labor charge on top of the service call. He said this is the way "John" does business and started telling me how unethical "John" was. He said that he needed the check and for me to sign the bill. I was so mad that I signed the bill and gave him the check. I called "John" and told him that the repairman charged me four hours labor and he only worked on the job 15 minutes. He said I signed the bill and that is the way he does business. He said Sears charges that much. "John" hung up on me. I called Hughesnet and filed a complaint with them on the company and the supervisor is suppost to call me back. This is 12/24/09 and they still haven't called me back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2009 03:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Computer-Satellite-Broadband-Service/Plymouth-Indiana-46563/Computer-Satellite-Broadband-Service-Authorized-Agent-of-Hughesnet-Internet-Service-Modem-544844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Computer Satellite Broadband Service