Complaint Review: Computer Support Hotline

• Reported By: Betty Jo Bowman — Portland Oregon
Computer Support Hotline
Internet USA

Computer Support Hotline Computer Support Hotline unknown Internet

This message (pop-up) is blocking my view on my laptop... there is NO close button located on it. I have called the number listed: 1-855-970-2100 and the men who answered hung up on me after stating their name. (5/12/2014 @1pm Pacific time).  I have performed a 'system restore' to the day before it started popping on my screen. (5/10/14) The only thing that changes is the time. ie: 6.35 seconds, etc.  Here is a copy of the message pop-up:

Computer Support Hotline

We have noticed your Internet browser loaded www.ripoffreport.com 6.35 seconds longer than the average. Have you been experiencing slow internet and broken websites? You may have unwanted adware. Call our toll-free number to get friendly support and make your internet fast again.

Get Trusted Technical Support Experts For:

• Malacious Program Removal
  • Virus Removal
  • Internet Speed Boosting

Call 1-855-970-2100

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Help me get rid of this 'pop-up'. I am getting very upset that I cannot remove it.Especially after a system restore, AdBlock, & Norton was used.(5/12/14) The i

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2014 01:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Computer-Support-Hotline/internet/Computer-Support-Hotline-Computer-Support-Hotline-unknown-Internet-1145957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Computer Support Hotline