Complaint Review: ComputerTraining.edu, ComputerTraining.com

• Reported By: Sad Ex-Employee — Newark Delaware United States of America
ComputerTraining.edu, ComputerTraining.com
ComputerTraining.edu Internet United States of America

ComputerTraining.edu, ComputerTraining.com Ex-Employee Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Job?

*Consumer Suggestion: PA State Has Filed Suit Today

In regards to the comment about computer repair - of course there are no jobs available right now. It is easier and cheaper to buy a new computer than to fix one. You should get updated certifications.

I worked at CTE for 3+ years. I can tell you that the employees held a genuine interest in our students success. We knew the company was going through tough times but David Rau (the owner) always kept us optimistic. We would constantly receive emails "thanks for sticking it through these tough times, things are getting better, students are doing better than ever, etc..". CTE was not a scam. The school offered quality education and excellent career services.

Yes, employees are not getting paid for 180+ hours that are owed to us, we are not getting paid for any vacation time that we accrued (I had over 100+ hours saved), and our health benefits were gone that Monday morning when we were let go.

However, those I feel bad for are the students. For a lot of these students CTE was their last attempt at having a great career. I talked to students everyday who were worried about making the commitment and I, believing what David continually told us, encouraged them to stop doubting themselves. Everyday i told students I believed in what we did and I stood behind that.

On Dec 28th when we were let go and told it was BB&T's fault, I still believed them. I should have known something was fishy since David had Chuck do his dirty work. In the initial layoff in April David was the one to bring the news - now where is he??

It's despicable what David has done to the thousands of students left with loans and no careers. Chuck is just a pawn in his sick games and I hope one day they get what they deserve. Chuck, I find it hilarious you begged to keep your job. You were obviously a part in David's money-making scheme and you're as low down as he is. Maybe Staples will take you back. However, I hope all of this bad publicity has ended both of your professional (if you can call them that?) careers. David, you're a bi-polar maniac. Everyone that had any dealings with you knew that. No one in the company respected you. You were a joke to the people you employed. We all believed in your school and the school's mission. Unfortunately, YOU didn't believe in it. You were only there to turn a profit. If you really cared, you would put your money where your mouth is. Take the 15 million dollars from the sale of your house (mansion on water?) and give students their money back. Pay the instructors to finish out their classes. Pay your employees the money they're owed. DO THE RIGHT THING.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2010 10:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ComputerTrainingedu-ComputerTrainingcom/internet/ComputerTrainingedu-ComputerTrainingcom-Ex-Employee-Internet-553766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ComputerTraining.edu, ComputerTraining.com

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Job?

AUTHOR: Ex-Employee Hunt Valley - (United States of America)

John, John, John...

Don't you have a job yet?  Really?

Did you hear that Oprah was retiring this year?

#2 Consumer Suggestion

PA State Has Filed Suit Today

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Just found out that the PA attorney general has filed suit against CT. I would expect the other states involved to do the same. Time to flush out the real rats........