Complaint Review: Computerman

• Submitted: Sat, February 23, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, February 21, 2013

• Reported By:RENO Nevada
701 E\. 2nd St, Reno, Nevada U.S.A.

Computerman Incompetent or purposely ripoff Reno Nevada

*General Comment: some shouldn't own pc's

*Consumer Comment: User Error

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Computermans' Response

i took 2 computers to them top fix and aksi purchased 1. Both "fixed" computers which they reloaded windows in- but i was never given my windows disk as it was a bootlegged copy.....when I asked they were evasive and said the unit worked and I did not need any disk.

needless to say a couple months they both crashed and one even lost the "new"-=from compouterman- a new hard drive too!!! surprise surprise! which they had installed a brand new one weeks ago when they reloaded windows and "fixed it"

Every computer they worked on for me and that I bought has crashed and now I find out that each 1 has to have it's own version and disk of the OS.

So beware of this company and steer clear if you want to fix your computer and not get scammed!

RENO, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2008 01:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Computerman/Reno-Nevada-89501/Computerman-Incompetent-or-purposely-ripoff-Reno-Nevada-311280. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Computerman

#1 General Comment

some shouldn't own pc's

AUTHOR: tech consultant - (United States of America)

Anyone who doesn't understand licensing or have not had any equipment fail, shouldn't be allowed to post poor judgememt.

Next time read stats about mean time btw failure. Mtbf.

As I have only had GOOD experiences and have two workstations built by them that run 24/7/365 and are still running fine. The poster should try a mac if they are unhappy with a pc

User Error

AUTHOR: Mainframe Geek - (United States of America)

I've dealt with Computerman many atime.  I have had over 5 PC's built to my spec's and ALL are still running fine.

With the number of user errors I have encountered in my past as a IT consultant, I find it VERY hard to believe what I've read.

PC's are NOT apples or mainframes, they use a junk drawer os and users can inflict great terror with poor judgement.

It's not the hardware, but the software that can make the system crash.

Don't believe everything you read.  Do your homework, and learn how to stay away from errors you create.  It takes intelligence to know what is true and what is actually false.  I cannot stress enough that the user is likely at fault.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Computermans' Response

AUTHOR: Computerman - (U.S.A.)

1. We only load legitimate Windows.

2. Reinstallation of Windows does not include free copies of the media
but all software is returned to our customers.

3. His timelines are skewed regarding the equipment crashing and his new drive replacement.

His crashing problem is most likely due to viruses. We were not able to research this character any further due to no communication from him, no name etc.
We average about one complaint a year. At Computerman, we secure the customers data first, repair the system with our Certified 'PC Pit Crew'. Our technicians have over 40 years experiance. Not only do we repair all brands of PC but we also repair all brands of laptop including lcds and component level repair, while always saving the customers data. All repairs are expedited to allow minimum downtime of our customer. If the parts take a little longer to get we provide loaner systems when needed. We never violate Microsoft License and have the worlds' best hardware warranty.

I would say this person is using our good name to vent his frustration after 1am in the morning (we close at 7pm) because of too many viruses causing his systems to "crash" and from lack of computing skills combined with too may adult beverages! If this was not a hoax our customer is still welcome to step up and with proper paper work, have any hardware that we installed, hapily exchanged without expense. Again at Computerman USA we strive to be the best all around solution for all of our customers.

Mike Jacobson G.M.