Complaint Review: Computershare

• Submitted: Fri, February 17, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, February 17, 2012

• Reported By: SandiJb — Toledo Ohio United States of America

Computershare Stock Transfer Agent Steals Your Stock! Internet, Internet

I owned stock in a some companies and they changed their transfer agent to Computershare without contacting me-I had prior account numbers with the old transfer agents and even still have actual paper stock certificates. When I called Computershare about my stocks, they claim there is nothing in their records with my name, old account numbers, ss# or even my stock certificate numbers!  I seem to have disappeared as a stock holder the minute Computershare took over!!!!  I'm out several thousand dollars-do not trust this company!!!  Computershare took over the stock and I have no way to contact the old transfer agents-they seem to have disappeared from the face of the earth as well-when I call my old contact phone numbers, it goes directly to Computershare... This is really scarey!!!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2012 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Computershare/internet/Computershare-Stock-Transfer-Agent-Steals-Your-Stock-Internet-Internet-840870. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Computershare